Read this article to know about the admission process and important dates for admission in Government/ Government Aided School of Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi. Know about the guidelines for admission in Government Sarvodaya Vidyalayas for the academic session 2023-24. Explore the complete list of Delhi Government Schools (SV, RPVV, Schools of excellence, Specialised Schools of Excellence (SOSE)) alongwith complete detail. You can know about the admission process of RPVV, Delhi Schools of Excellence and Specialised Schools of Excellence (SOSE) using the below links
- Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalayas (RPVV) Delhi Admission Procedure, Important Dates and List of Schools
- Schools of Excellence in Delhi Admission Procedure, Important Dates and List of Schools
- Specialised Schools of Excellence (SOSE)- Admission Procedure, Important Dates and List of Schools
Continue to read the article for guidelines for admission in Nursery (3+), KG and Class I (Entry Class) in Government Sarvodaya Vidyalayas for the academic session 2023-24. Primary Classes will commence from 1st April including Nursery, KG and First. The information is based on the directorate of education Delhi circular.
The admission process for nursery schools is set to begin for private, unaided schools in the Delhi from December 2022. The last date to submit the online application for admissions into Delhi schools is January 2023.
Different types of Delhi Government Schools?
There are 4 categories of government-run schools:
- Sarvodaya Vidyalaya: have all classes starting from nursery
- Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya: has classes 6-12 and admission is based on an entrance test
- Schools of Excellence: english medium schools (co-ed from Nursery to Class 12) -
- Specialised Schools of Excellence (SOSE) - Classes from 9 to 12 - specialised schools in 5 domains
The Delhi government has decided to discontinue admissions in primary classes in its Schools of Excellence from 2021. Delhi government is focussing on converting these schools into specialised schools SOSE.
Delhi Government School Admission Process and Important Dates 2023-24
The admission process for nursery schools is set to begin for private, unaided schools in the Delhi from December 2022. The last date to submit the online application for admissions into Delhi schools is January, 2023.
We are still waiting for update on Delhi Government school admission process for 2023-24. In the meantime you can check the process for last year
- Application forms for admission to Nursery/KG/Class-I, (whichever is the entry level class in Government Sarvodaya Vidyalayas of the Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT Delhi) can be obtained from the concerned Sarvodaya Vidyalayas from 02-03-2020 (Monday) to 17-03-2020 (Tuesday) (both days inclusive) on all working days.
- Forms can also be downloaded from the Department's website www.edudel.nic.in under the link 'Govt. School Admissions'. Click on the link to download Admission Form for the Academic Session 2020-21 for admission in Govt./Govt. Aided school of Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Selection of candidates will be done by draw of lots to be held on 21-03-2020 (Saturday) at 11:00 AM in the morning shift and 3:00 PM in the evening shift schools in the presence of parents/guardians.
- The list of children selected through the draw of lots will be displayed on the School Notice Board on 23-03-2020 (Monday) at 11.00 AM in Morning/General Shift Schools & at 03:00 PM in Evening Shift Schools.
- Admission process will start from 24-03-2020 (Tuesday) and be completed by 28-03-2019 (Saturday). If any seat is left vacant, admission of children placed in waiting list will be done from 30-03-2020 (Monday) to 31-03-2020 (Tuesday).
Age Criteria for Admission
Applications of only those children will be considered for admission to
- Nursery Class who have completed 3-years of age as on 31-03-2023
- Class KG, those children who have completed 4-years of age as on 31-03-2023
- Class I, those children who have completed 5-years of age as on 31- 03-2023
Further, the age relaxation upto 30 days may be granted at the level of Heads of Schools in the maximum as well as minimum age for Classes Nursery/KG/Class-I as per circular no. DE 23.(363)/Sch. Br./2016/1553 dated 19-09-2016. Additional age relaxation is to be provided to Specially abled children, as per circular No. DE.40(20)/EVG/IEDC/Circular/98/7109-8699 dated 6.01.2003.
Documents Required for Admission
The following documents are required to be produced by the parent/guardian at the time of admission
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Original Date of Birth Certificate issued by MCD or any other local body OR
- Anganwadi record OR
- Hospital/Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife (ANM) register record OR
- An Undertaking by the Parents regarding Date of Birth as per Part-6 of the Application Form.
- One passport size photograph of the child.
- Anyone of the following documents as residence proof of Delhi:-
- Ration Card issued in the name of parents having name of the child. (
- Domicile certificate of child or parents.
- Voter I card of any of the parents.
- Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill.
- Bank Passbook in the name of child or parents.
- Aadhar card of parents/child.
- Passport in the name of any of the parents/child.
Reservation of seats will be as follows:-
- 15% seats for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 3% seats for Physically Handicapped (to be duly certified by a Govt. Hospital).
- 2% for the wards for the employees of the Directorate of Education (1% for the wards of Ministerial staff and 1% for teacher's wards).