Read this article to know about the list of Schools of Excellence started by the government in Delhi India and for complete information on Schools of Excellence Delhi. Also, know about admissions to class Nursery (3+) and for vacant seats in classes from KG to 3rd & Class IX in Schools of Excellence. The Delhi government opened five Schools of Excellence at Rohini Sector 17, Madanpur Khadar Phase-II, Khichripur, Kalkalji and Dwarka Sector 22 as announced by Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia in December 2017. Know about how to get admission to Schools of Excellence and infrastructure available. School of Excellence Admission notification for 2020-21 was released on 26th Feb 2020. Schools started from April 2018 and provides Quality education and infrastructure at par with Private Schools in India. You can also read about List of Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya (RPVV) in Delhi. or Explore the complete list of Delhi Government Schools (SV, RPVV, Schools of excellence) alongwith complete detail about school and Government school admission. You can also check Non Government Top Schools in Delhi.
What's different about Schools of Excellence?
Till 2018, there were 3 categories of government-run schools:
The ‘Schools of Excellence’ will add a fourth category in which there will be three sections: from nursery to Class V with a maximum of 25 students in each section; from Class VI-X, there will be two sections having a maximum of 40 children each; and Class XI and XII, where there will be four sections with a maximum of 40 students each depending on the stream selected.
Schools of Excellence - Medium of Instruction
The schools provides quality education in English medium. Schools of Excellence in Delhi started functioning by April 2018. Delhi Government added that the vision of the government is to ensure at least one school of this format in each of the 29 zones of Delhi.
The estimated strength in each school will be approximately 1,245 children.
List of Schools of Excellence Delhi
The government will open 5 Schools of Excellence, refer to below for the list of schools
1. Schools of Excellence, Rohini Sector 17, Delhi
School ID of Schools of Excellence, Rohini Sector 17 is 1413333. Know more about Schools of Excellence, Rohini Sector 17.
2. Schools of Excellence, Madanpur Khadar Phase-II, Delhi
School ID of Schools of Excellence, Madanpur Khadar is 1925432. Know more about Schools of Excellence, Madanpur Khadar Phase-II, Delhi.
3. Schools of Excellence, Khichripur, Delhi
School ID of Schools of Excellence, Khichripur is 1002400. Know more about Schools of Excellence, Khichripur, Delhi
4. Schools of Excellence, Kalkalji, Delhi
School ID of Schools of Excellence, Kalkalji is 1925430. Know more about Schools of Excellence, Kalkalji.
5. Schools of Excellence, Dwarka Sector 22, Delhi
School ID of Schools of Excellence, Dwarka Sector 22 is 1821282. Know more about Schools of Excellence, Dwarka Sector 22
Schools of Excellence - Admission Procedure: How can I get admission in school of excellence?
For 2020-21, admissions will be done from nursery to Class V under the neighborhood criteria and entrance tests will be conducted for Classes IX and XII for neighborhood students.
Admission From Nursery to Class III - 2020-21 (Updated)
Primary Classes will begin w.e.f 26th February 2020. Information regarding the number of seats available in Nursery, KG, Class-I and Class II shall be available on School Notice Board.
Schools of Excellence shall have three section(s) of Nursery, KG, Class I and Class II of 25(Twenty-Five) students in each section.
- Application forms along with Guidelines are available on Department's website to apply for admission of their wards.
- Application forms are also available freely with the guard at the entrance of school during the school timings/hours.
- 25% of total seats for Entry Class, i.e. Nursery are reserved for EWS/ DG Category. (Including 3% seats for CWSN i.e. Children with Special Needs/ Disabilities)
- Priority will be given to siblings as per neighborhood criteria only in General category i.e. Unreserved seats.
- An acknowledgment slip will be issued to the parents/guardians as a token of receipt of filled in application form.
- Children will be admitted to these classes through draw of lots based on the Neighbourhood criteria as per RTE Act
Nursery Seat Distribution
Total 75 Seats are available in Each School of Excellence for admission to Entry Class (Nursery). Out of these 19 seats including 2 seats for CWSN are reserved for EWS/DG category.
- Click here for notification for admissions to Nursery (3+), KG, Class-I, Class-II and Class -III in Schools of Excellence for the Academic Session 2020-21
- Download application form for admission in Schools of Excellence for the Academic Session 2020-21
The application forms of only those children will be considered for admission to
- Nursery Class against unreserved seats who have completed 3-years of age as on 31st March 2020
- Class KG - children who have completed 4-years of age as on 31st March 2020
- Class I - children who have completed 5-years of age as on 31st March 2020
- Class II - children who have completed 6-years of age as on 31st March 2020
- class III - children who have completed 7-years of age as on 31st March 2020
Further, the age relaxation of up to 01 month may be granted at the level of Heads of Schools in the maximum as well as minimum age as per circular no. DE.23. (363)/Sch. Br./2016/1553 dated 19.09.2016. (Annexu re-A) 13)
Detail Schedule of Admission Process – Schools of Excellence 2020-21We are still waiting for official notification from Education department of Delhi, in the meantime you can look at previous year timeline
|S.No.||Details of Events||Date and Time|
|1||Submission of Registration form along with necessary documents||02.03.2020 (Monday) to 13.03.2020 On all working days from 9AM to 12 noon|
|2||Date and Time of draw, if required||(a) For EWS/DG Category (Including 3%CWSN) for Nursery and for vacant seats from classes K.G. to III: on 19.03.2020 (Thursday) at 11:00 am (b) For Unreserved seats (Nursery) including Siblings on 21.03.2020 (Saturday) at 11:00 am|
|3||List of selected and waitlisted children through draw of lots shall be displayed on school Notice Board||23.03.2020 (Monday) at 2:00 pm at concerned School of Excellence.|
|4||Submission & Verification of Documents of selected Applicants for Admission||24.03.2020 to 27.03.2020 from 09:OO am to 12:OO Noon|
|5||Admission Against Waiting List||28.03.2020 to 30.03.2020 from 09:OOam to 12:OO Noon|
Documents to be submitted at the time of registration:-
- Proof of residence of DELHI:- Self attested copy of anyone of the following documents as residence proof of Delhi:-
- Ration Card issued in the name of parents having name of the child.
- Domicile certificate of child or parents.
- Voter-I card of any of the parents.
- Electricity bill /MTNL bill/ Tele phone bill /Water bill.
- Bank Passbook in the name of child or parents.
- Aadhar card of parents/child. (Optional)
- Passport in the name of any of the parents/child.
- Date of Birth:- Self attested copy of any one of the following documents:-
- Date of Birth Certificate issued by MCD or any other local body.
- Anganwadi record.
- Hospital/Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife (ANM) register record.
- An Undertaking by the Parents regarding Date of Birth as per Part-B of the Application form.
- Self attested copy of Income Certificate (Less than Rs. One Lakh) issued by the Revenue Deptt. of GNCT of Delhi (if the admission is sought under EWS Category) OR Self attested copy of BPL, AAY (Ration Card/Food Security Card) issued by the Food and Civil Supply Department, GNCT of Delhi (if the admission is sought under EWS Category)
- Self attested copy of DG Category Certificate (if the admission is sought under DG Category (SC/ST/OBC etc.)
- Self attested copy of Disability Certificate issued from a Govt. Hospital (if the admission is sought under Children with Disabilities Category)
- Duly filled PART-C of the Application Form (if the admission is sought under Sibling Category)
- One passport size photograph of the child.
Admission to class IX 2020-21
We are still waiting for Class IX admission procedure for 2020-21 Click Here for Notification for Admission in Class IX
Detail of School wise vacancies for Admission in class IX
|School||Number of sections||Number of Seats|
|Schools of Excellence, Rohini Sector 17||02||80|
|Schools of Excellence, Madanpur Khadar Phase-II||02||80|
|Schools of Excellence, Khichripur||02||80|
|Schools of Excellence, Kalkalji||02||80|
|Schools of Excellence, Dwarka Sector 22||02||80|
Detail Schedule of Admission Process – Schools of Excellence
We are still waiting for official notification from Education department of Delhi, in the meantime you can look at previous year timeline
|S.No.||Details of Events||Date and Time|
|1||Submission of Registration form along with necessary documents||3rd April 2019 (WEDNESDAY) to 11th April 2019 (THURSDAY) on all working days between 09:OOam to 01:OOpm|
|2||Date of Entrance Test||16th April 2019 (TUESDAY) From 10:00am to 12:20pm|
|3||Declaration of Result||24th April 2019 (WEDNESDAY) at 02:OOpm|
|4||Date and Time of draw, if required||25th April 2019 (THURSDAY) at 09:OOam|
|5||Admission Process (Such as submission of documents/fees etc.)||Details will be provided by the Head of respective RPVVs at the time of declaration of results|
Eligibility Criteria for Registration for Entrance Test for Admissions to Class IX.
- Students residing in Delhi who have passed class VIII from any Govt. /Govt Aided/Recognised Unaided School are eligible to apply for admission to class IX in School of Excellence.
- A student can get himself/herself registered manually for any one of the Schools of Excellence only as per his/her choice of School of Excellence where he/she desires admission. No request for change of School of Excellence shall be entertained in any case/at any stage. Hence, the applicants are advised to get themselves registered for entrance test in School of excellence of their choice.
- Duly attested mark sheets of Class VIII by Principal/HOS where the student is presently studying should be submitted at the time of submission of Registration Form in the concerned School of Excellence for Entrance test and obtaining the Admit card from the same School of Excellence.
All registered candidates will have to appear for Entrance Test that will be held on the same date & time for all the Schools of Excellence and the selection will be based on the merit of the applicant in the Entrance Test of respective School of Excellence in which the applicant has been registered for Entrance/Admission Test.
- The Entrance Test will consist of Objective Type questions
- to test the Numerical & Mental Ability, General Knowledge, and Language Comprehension and Descriptive Type questions to test the writing skills.
- The duration of test will be for 2 hours & 20 minutes.