Butterflies are lovely creatures. They fly from one flower to another and spread happiness and fill up our hearts with joy. We all love them. Often they are spotted in gardens or flower beds. Today we are going to make a beautiful butterfly puppet with paper. Sounds fun isn’t it? Just grab some colourful papers and sketch pens and you are all set. Let us follow the instructions to know how to make colourful paper butterfly puppet
Materials Required to Make Paper Butterfly Puppet
- Colourful papers
- Straw or wooden stick
- Googly eyes
How to make Paper Butterfly Puppet Step by Step
- Take a yellow sheet of paper, preferably A4 size and draw a butterfly on it.
- For symmetry, you can fold the sheet into half and draw the butterfly on the half side and cut along.
- Next, take a dark pink or a red sheet of paper and cut a strip of 20cm by 4 cm.
- Fold this strip into half and further fold it into accordion fashion.
- Next cut 2 big and 2 small circles using the red sheet or dark pink.
- Cut 2 big and 2 small black circles using a black sheet.
- Make sure the black circles are smaller than the red
- Next cut two small blue circles.
- Now insert a straw across the accordion-folded strip and stick it in the midline as the body of the butterfly.
- Stick the bigger circles in the bottom and smaller circles on top of the wings on both sides. Stick the red circles first followed by black on top.
- Also, stick the blue circles in the middle of the wings on both sides.
- Stick the googly eyes on the top portion of the body.
- Cut two small strips of red sheet and stick them on top of the body as antennas.
- Your paper butterfly puppet is now ready kids.