School is upto Senior Secondary School (XI-XII) and affiliated to Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The School is a Coed Day Cum Boarding School, with classes from KG to XII. It is an English Medium school.
Know about Yadavindra Public School, Patiala: Board & Curriculum, Admission Procedure, Fees & Fee Structure, Contact Details, Facilities and Ranking, Rating and Reviews.
Yadavindra Public School Patiala, is a Senior Secondary School (XI-XII), affiliated to Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The School is a Coed Day Cum Boarding School, with classes from KG to XII. It is an English Medium school. The school is located in Patiala. Yadavindra Public School was established in 1948. It is a and is part of Yadavindra Public School. The school is member of Indian Public School Conference.
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
The motto of Yadavindra Public School is "VIDYA VINAY VEERTA" - Valour and Humility through Knowledge. It is a Coed Day Cum Boarding School, which services the educational need of over 1600 students from KG through XII. The classes in Yadavindra Public School for every academic year starts from April to March.
The YPS is named after His Highness the late MaharajadhirajYadavindra Singh of Patiala. On 2nd February 1948 the school started functioning with a meagre strength of 21 students and 9 teachers. In 1954, the school was made co-educational. In the year 1998, the school came up with an independent building for the Prep School.
The Yadavindra Public School is situated in Yadavindra Sports Stadium, one of the most beautiful buildings on the Mall.
The school provides the Boarding facilities for both boys and girls from class IV onwards.
School Awards and Recognitions
YPS is a member of the Indian Public Schools' Conference.
Yadavindra Public School, Patiala is one of the best Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) schools in Patiala and ranks among the top schools in Patiala. Here, the dedicated and professional teachers ensure that the children get the maximum out of their education in this Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) school in Patiala. The school has given exceptional results in the academic sphere and its students have excelled in extra co-curricular activities too.
Checkout everything about Yadavindra Public School, Patiala Punjab. The best gift you can give to your child is a right school for his/her academic, co-curricular and overall development. Read about Yadavindra Public School Admission Procedure & Policy, Important Dates for Admission, Yadavindra Public School Fee Structure, School Curriculum & affiliation, medium of instruction, level, Extracurricular Activities, Facilities, Alumni, Faculty, Contact Details and other important information. You can also explore list of best schools in Patiala .
Explore Best Schools in India by city and Boards of Education: CBSE, ICSE, IB (DP, MYP, PYP), CIE (IGCSE, Cambridge AS&A Level) and State Boards. Explore list of approved CBSE schools in India, Approved accredited CIE Schools in India, Approved ICSE Schools in India, and Approved accredited IB Schools in India.
SchoolMyKids.com provides Parenting Tips & Advice to parents, Information about Schools near you and School Reviews. Use SchoolMyKids Career Guidance to know about career options and courses for you or your child.
Address & Contact Information
Stadium Road, New Lal Bagh, Patiala, Punjab 147001
School Chairman & Principal
- Principal: Maj Gen Sanjiv Varma, VSM (Retd) Director
School Contact Person
+91 175 2217631
April to March
The School has students enrolled from KG to XII. Find below the admission schedule, procedure, Contact Details, documents required and instructions for parents for Yadavindra Public School, Patiala Admission.
In this section, we will answer the common questions like What is the admission process like and what are the key dates? Is their any admission test? Will School also hold an interview or an interaction? What is the age criterion for admission to Yadavindra Public School Patiala for the upcoming academic year?
Pre-admission for Class I will be intimated separately. Pre-admission process for other classes (IV to IX) will take place in the second week of January. Admission will be offered only against vacancies, if any.
Age Criteria for Admission
Boys and Girls are admitted to Junior School at the age of 5 ½ years (into Classs I). Admission to the Boarding House starts from Class IV at the age of 8 ½ years. Class VI - 10 ½ years (Age is calculated as on 31st March of the year of admission) No admissions are made in X or XII.
Admission Procedure for Class IV Onwards
Registration fee of Rs.5000/- is non-refundable and valid only for the academic session for which the candidate is registered.
- PRIOR REGISTRATION IS AN ESSENTIAL CONDITION FOR ADMISSION and the children can be registered for any academic year as per the choice of parents.
- PRE REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION CLOSES ON 31st JANUARY OF EACH YEAR
- Registration for classes IV and above is open only for BOARDERS.
- Children registered for admission are called for pre-admission assessment as per school rules.
- Registration is valid only for the year and for which it is made.
- The list of students selected for admission is put up on the School Notice Board after two days of the conduct of the Pre-Admission process.
- A candidate will be allowed to join the Pre- admission process only if the Registration Fee is paid. No change from Boarder to Day Scholar status will be permitted under any circumstances. A parent wishing to make such change will have to withdraw the child.
Admission to Class XI
The number of seats on offer will depend on availability of vacancies. Registration for Provisional Admission to XI (Science, Commerce & Humanities) is open for Boarders.
All applicants from other schools must appear for the Test before being considered for Provisional Admission. Written test will be held in the following subjects :
a. For Science Stream: English, Science & Maths
b. For Commerce Stream: English & Maths
c. For Humanities: English, History & Geography
The following are the marks criteria for admission to various streams:
- Average of 80% in English, Science (Phy-Chem-Bio), Maths & Computer Science (if opted for in X) and an aggregate of 75% for Science Stream.
- Average of 75% in English, Mathematics & Computer Science/Economics/Commerce (whichever opted for in X) and an aggregate of 70% for Commerce Stream.
- Average of 65% in English, History, Civics & Geography (HCG), Art/Computer Science/Economics/Commerce (whichever opted for in X) and an aggregate of 60% for Humanities.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
- Registration form
- Two Passport size photographs of the child.
- Photocopy of Birth certificate of the child duly issued by Registrar, Birth & Deaths.
- Photocopy of Aadhaar Card of the child & Parents-Self attested.
- Address proof if not same as mentioned in the Aadhaar Card.
- Regn Fees- Rs. 5000/-(Through Demand Draft)
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.
- Admission form duly completed and signed by the parents & guardian.
- Undertakings and Medical History forms as given by the office.
- Photocopy of Education Qualification Certificates of the parents.
- School leaving Certificate in Original & photocopy of report card of Final term (For Class IV to IX).
- For students admitted in XI, Detail Marks Card and Pass Certificate (ICSE/CBSE/Other School Boards) and School leaving must be submitted to the school office within one week of the declaration of result, to regularize the admission, failing which the offer of provisional admission will stand cancelled.
- Transfer student certificate from the School registered on epunjabschool.gov.in site(Applicable for Punjab State only)
Yadavindra Public School Fees: Fee Structure & Details
Refer below for Yadavindra Public School Patiala fee structure and current fees.
You can also call the school's Admission Counsellors for more details.
|Boarders (Rs)||Day Scholars(Rs)|
|2||Half Yearly Payment||116,700||45,400|
Charges payable at the time of Admission only
|2||Building Development Fund||11,700||11,700|
|3||Caution Money (Refundable)||116,700||45,400|
Deposits to be made with April Fee every year (Adjustable against actual bill)
|1||Prep I & Prep II||NIL||5,000|
|2||Class I & II & III||NIL||10,000|
|3||Class IV to XII||50,000||20,000|
Infrastructure & Facilities
The Yadavindra Public School campus is spread over 45 Acres acres of land in area of Patiala, Punjab. The School is a K-12 Day Cum Boarding School. The School's infrastructure includes but is not limited to:
- Covered Play Area
- Horse Riding
- Indoor Stadium
- Kho Kho
- Outdoor Stadium
- Play Area
- Splash Pool
- Sand Pit
- Table Tennis
- Digital Library
- Career Counseling
- Student Exchange Programs
- Test Center
- AC Classrooms
- AV Classrooms
Visual and Performing Arts Facilities(3/4)
- Language Labs
- Maths Labs
- Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL)
- Computer Labs
- Robotics Labs
- Transport Facility
- AC Buses
- AC Hostels
- Accessible Parking
- Ramped or Level Entrances
- Accessible Washrooms
- Braille and Large Print Room Numbers
- AV Facilities
- Interactive Boards
- School App
Food and Catering Facilities(2/3)
- Meal Served
- Kitchen & Dining Hall
Safety and Security Facilities(0/11)
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Extinguisher
- Security Guards
- Boundary Wall
- Fenced Boundary Wall
- Speedometer In Bus
- GPS In Bus
- CCTV In Bus
- Fire Extinguisher In Bus
- School Bus Tracking App
Medical Facility Facilities(1/7)
- Medical Facility
- Medical Room or Clinic
- Resident Doctor
- Medical Staff
- Isolation Room
- Dedicated Ambulance
Other Infra Facilities(4/6)
- Kids Play Area
- Activity Center
- Toy Room
- Day Care
The school provides the Boarding facilities for both boys and girls from class IV onwards. Besides the holding house, there are three boarding houses for the boys and one for the girls namely MohindraHosue (MH), Dhani Ram House (DRH), Philkian House (PH) and Girls Boarding Hosue (GBH).
The school runs its own Mess for the boarders with trained staff to cook both vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food. The school provides 5 meals a day; breakfast, 11 O'clock tea/cold drinks, lunch, afternoon tea/cold drinks and supper.
School has seperate blocks for Prep, Junior and Senior Classes. The School has three computer labs - one in Junior Wing and two in the Senior Wing.
Safety & Security Measures at the School
The school has a 15 bed hospital. A full time and trained nurse is also appointed to attend the children who needs follow up medication and during emergencies.
School Houses and Activity Details
The students, Boarder as well Day Scholars, are divided into three Houses namely Mohindra House, Dhani Ram House, and Phulkian House.
Inter-House Dramatics are conducted in English, Hindi and Punjabi regularly. Workshops are also conducted to improve the skills of the students.
The school maintains a Horse Riding Club. It has 10 horses.
School Clubs and Societies
The School has organisations/Clubs/Societies that organize various activities to develop the skills and extract the best out of every child. These scholastic and co scholastic clubs are a great way to explore the interest of any student or even develop new ones. The Clubs are:
- Art and Craft
- Culinary Art
- Dramatics Theater
School Timings and Vacations
What are the school timings?
The school works in Shift 1 (Morning).
Language of Instruction
What is the typical school vacation schedule?
Number of Students
Number of Teachers
Students to Teachers Ratio
School Senior Secondary Streams
- Science with Mathematics
- Science without Mathematics
School Level & Classes
Which grades will you have in the new session?
Yadavindra Public School is a Pre Primary School (Pre School) to Senior Secondary School (XI-XII) for both boys and girls and has following grades/levels
Academics Programme and Curriculum Structure
The Academic session at Yadavindra Public School starts from April to March. The School provides education to students from KG to XII.
Yadavindra Public School is a Coed English medium Day Cum Boarding School which offers the National curriculum CISCE, from KG to XII.
Yadavindra Public School is authorised to offer the following
CISCE - Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations
National level, private, Board of School education in India conducts
- ICSE - Indian Certificate for Secondary Education (10th)
- ISC - Indian School Certificate (12th)
Yadavindra Public School is recognised by and affiliated to the CISCE and follows curriculum prescribed by it.
The school is affiliated to CISCE since Invalid datewith CISCE affiliation number PU016. The Schools offers following CISCE boards -
- ICSE (Class X)
- ISC (Class XII)
Curriculum offered in Yadavindra Public School by Class
In this section, we will answer What board of education does Yadavindra Public School intend to follow over the years?
- School is Affiliated to CISCE and offers ISC (Indian School Certificate Examination) curriculum in class XI & XII. Followed by ISC Board Exam at the end of the Class 12th.
- At the Senior Secondary level, school offers Science with Mathematics, Science without Mathematics, Commerce, Humanities streams.
- School is Affiliated to CISCE and offers ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) curriculum in Secondary classes (class IX & X). Followed by ICSE Board Exam at the end of the Class 10th.
- School offers the curriculum developed by the CISCE Council in the Middle School.
ISC Result - Class XII
School Notable Alumni
Sportsmen from YPS Patiala, who have achieved International fame are:
- Raja Randhir Singh, Shooting
- Navjot Singh Sidhu , Cricket
- Jagdeep Phulka, Hockey
- Surjit Panesar, Hockey
- Ratinder Singh Sodhi, Cricket
- Late Dhruv Pandove, Cricket
- Harveen Sarao, Shooting
- Parry Goyal, Cricket
- Heena Sidhu, Shooting
- Mayank Markande, Cricket
School Rating & Reviews
Studied or worked here? Share your experience and feedback, review Yadavindra Public School, Patiala.
Yadavindra Public School, Reviews
Read Alumni, Parents and Student Reviews
Other Yadavindra Public School in India and Abroad
Similar / Nearby Schools
Nearby Pre Schools
Explore Schools in Popular localities in and around Patiala
Explore by Other Cities in Punjab
Community Discussion on Yadavindra Public School, Patiala
Post your comments
Claim Your School Page
School details incorrect?
The information on this page is based on our research (Affiliated Board, MHRD and other sources) and data available on schools Website. We have tried our best to show the 100% correct data on this page. If any details are incorrect, we can update them. For any update write to us on [email protected]
School reviews as submitted by parents and visitors are directly published on the website without any moderation. If you feel any review published on the website has any incorrect information or includes any inappropriate content, please write an email to us on [email protected]
Is This Your School's Listing?
Own or manage this School? Claim your school listing to respond to reviews, update your school profile & details and much more. To claim your listing, write to us on [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yadavindra Public School is affiliated to which board?
Yadavindra Public School, Patiala is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).
What is the process of getting admission into Yadavindra Public School, Patiala?
The Yadavindra Public School has students enrolled from KG to XII. Refer to Admission Section for information on admission process, schedule and key dates.
Is this school a co-educational school?
Yes The Yadavindra Public School is Coed school.
What is the curriculum offered at Yadavindra Public School, Patiala?
Yadavindra Public School, Patiala offers the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) at various levels of education.
Is this school good? What is the rating of this school?
The Yadavindra Public School is rated 4.0 out of 5 based on 22 reviews on SchoolMyKids.com, largest school reviews and rating platform.
Does Yadavindra Public School offer Hostel facility to students?
Yes, The schools offers boarding/hostel facilities to students. The School is Day Cum Boarding School .