Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura Bengaluru (Bangalore) (JIRS)
- Kanakapura, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Ramanagara, Karnataka, India
- Contact Info
School is upto Senior Secondary School (XI-XII) and affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). The School is a Coed Boarding School, with classes from IV to XII. It is an English Medium school.
Know about Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura: Board & Curriculum, Admission Procedure, Fees & Fee Structure, Contact Details, Facilities and Ranking, Rating and Reviews.
Jain International Residential School Kanakapura, is a Senior Secondary School (XI-XII), affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). The School is a Coed Boarding School, with classes from IV to XII. It is an English Medium school. The school is located in Kanakapura. Jain International Residential School was established in 1999. It is a Private School and is managed by The JGI Group.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
Jain International Residential School is a Coed Boarding School, which services the educational need of over 750 students from IV through XII. The classes in Jain International Residential School for every academic year starts from July to April.
School was Founded by Dr. Chenraj Roychand, a visionary leader, educationist, social entrepreneur, philanthropist and the Founder Chairman of The JGI Group. School is Certified ISO 9001:2008 from United Kingdom Accreditation Certification for maintaining international quality standards.
School Awards and Recognitions
AS per C Force Survery 2014, School was Ranked 1 among Coed Boarding Schools in Karnataka and Among top 5 coed boarding schools in India
Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura is one of the best Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) schools in Kanakapura and ranks among the top schools in Kanakapura. Here, the dedicated and professional teachers ensure that the children get the maximum out of their education in this Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) school in Kanakapura. The school has given exceptional results in the academic sphere and its students have excelled in extra co-curricular activities too.
Checkout everything about Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura Karnataka. The best gift you can give to your child is a right school for his/her academic, co-curricular and overall development. Read about Jain International Residential School Admission Procedure & Policy, Important Dates for Admission, Jain International Residential School Fee Structure, School Curriculum & affiliation, medium of instruction, level, Extracurricular Activities, Facilities, Alumni, Faculty, Contact Details and other important information. You can also explore list of best schools in Kanakapura .
Explore Best Schools in India by city and Boards of Education: CBSE, ICSE, IB (DP, MYP, PYP), CIE (IGCSE, Cambridge AS&A Level) and State Boards. Explore list of approved CBSE schools in India, Approved accredited CIE Schools in India, Approved ICSE Schools in India, and Approved accredited IB Schools in India.
SchoolMyKids.com provides Parenting Tips & Advice to parents, Information about Schools near you and School Reviews. Use SchoolMyKids Career Guidance to know about career options and courses for you or your child.
Address & Contact Information
Jakkasandra Post, Kanakapura Taluk Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road, Ramanagara District - 562 112 Karnataka, India.
School Chairman & Principal
- Chairman: Chairman: Dr. Chenraj Roychand CEO-Wg Cdr.KL Ganesh
- Principal: Mr. DAVID W R
School Contact Person
080 2757 7003, 080 2757 7013, +91 94483 61040, +91 94483 61051
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
July to April
March to June
Admission Contact Details
K. Rudra Kumar Sharma
Phone: +91 99010 84411, +91 94483 61044, +91 94483 61050, +91 94815 46488, +91 99456 90408
The School has students enrolled from IV to XII. Find below the admission schedule, procedure, Contact Details, documents required and instructions for parents for Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura Admission.
In this section, we will answer the common questions like What is the admission process like and what are the key dates? Is their any admission test? Will School also hold an interview or an interaction? What is the age criterion for admission to Jain International Residential School Kanakapura for the upcoming academic year?
Documents to be submitted during Admission
- Marks Sheet of the last examination in the previous school.
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate (in original) from the school in which the student last studied.
- 24 passport size photographs (colour) along with negative. (One photograph each should be affixed in the application & medical formss).
- Grade X pass marks sheet in original
- Transfer / School Leaving Certificate
- Character / Conduct Certificate
- Online Application Form - Fill the Online Application form (Mandatory). Submitting the online application form is considered as applying /enquiring for admissions only and not taking actual admission.
- INR 1000 for Indian nationals and $ 20 for NRIs and Foreign nationals is chargeable towards application processing fees. A unique application id will be generated after the successful submission of online application form along with the application processing fees.
- Admission Test: After the above step, the candidate shall be eligible to take up JET 2018 (Jain Excellence Test). As soon as an applicant applies for JIRS, a email will be sent to him/her regarding the procedure of Jain Excellence Test 2018 on the email mentioned in the online application form.
- The applicant opting Option A (On spot test at JIRS) will be sent a detailed procedure about the On spot test.
- The applicant opting for Option B (online entrance test at their convenient place) will also be sent a link with the username and password to take the entrance test.
- Results of the online test will be informed to parents by mail, text message.
- Shortlisted candidates have to come to the school for an interview process within the specific time for completing the registration process (will be communicated by email).
- The procedure is common for both the candidates taken up JET (at JIRS) and JET (centre/home based)
- The admission will be finalized only after an interaction with the CEO, Wg Cdr (Retd) Ganesh Sharma with the parents and students.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified for further admission process. The candidates must block a seat for a particular grade and curriculum opted (based on the vacancies per grade).
Jain International Residential School Fees: Fee Structure & Details
Refer below for Jain International Residential School Kanakapura fee structure and current fees.
Infrastructure & Facilities
The Jain International Residential School campus is spread over 350 Acres acres of land in area of Kanakapura, Karnataka. The School is a K-12 Boarding School. The School's infrastructure includes but is not limited to:
- Covered Play Area
- Horse Riding
- Indoor Stadium
- Kho Kho
- Outdoor Stadium
- Play Area
- Splash Pool
- Sand Pit
- Table Tennis
- Digital Library
- Career Counseling
- Student Exchange Programs
- Test Center
- AC Classrooms
- AV Classrooms
Visual and Performing Arts Facilities(4/4)
- Language Labs
- Maths Labs
- Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL)
- Computer Labs
- Robotics Labs
- Transport Facility
- AC Buses
- AC Hostels
- Accessible Parking
- Ramped or Level Entrances
- Accessible Washrooms
- Braille and Large Print Room Numbers
- AV Facilities
- Interactive Boards
- School App
Food and Catering Facilities(1/3)
- Meal Served
- Kitchen & Dining Hall
Safety and Security Facilities(1/11)
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Extinguisher
- Security Guards
- Boundary Wall
- Fenced Boundary Wall
- Speedometer In Bus
- GPS In Bus
- CCTV In Bus
- Fire Extinguisher In Bus
- School Bus Tracking App
Medical Facility Facilities(1/7)
- Medical Facility
- Medical Room or Clinic
- Resident Doctor
- Medical Staff
- Isolation Room
- Dedicated Ambulance
Other Infra Facilities(0/6)
- Kids Play Area
- Activity Center
- Toy Room
- Day Care
The dorms are divided in 3 blocks. Girls block, senior boys block and junior boys block. The girls block is housed in a newly constructed 5 storied building called Suvidhi, which house the students of different grades in different floors.
The junior boys from grade 4-10 have a separate block with 4 floors, housing children of the same age and grades separately.
Each room is shared by 3 students having two attached wash rooms, individual wardrobes and study tables.
Sports Facilities Detail
JIRS provides World-Class infrastructure for sports in its sprawling campus of 160 acres. It is the Only sports academy for over 15 sports activities with Professional coaching under the guidance of qualified 35 national & international coaches
- 4 badminton courts with Gerflor synthetic flooring
- One basketball court with wooden flooring
- Table Tennis hall with 15 tables
- 6 plex cushioned tennis courts
- 2 Squash courts with viewer's gallery
- Billiards and Snooker hall with six tables
- 5 volleyball courts and 4 basketball courts
- Bowling Alley- 4 lane
- Air Conditioned Gyms with most modern equipment
- Cardio Fitness Centre
- Taekwondo / Karate Hall
- Aerobic Centre
- Sauna, Steam and Jacuzzi
- JIRS has a natural turf Hockey ground of international standard fitted with pop-up sprinklers.
- JIRS has two lush green international standard turf football ground that is fitted with pop-up sprinklers.
- Aquatic Complex has 2 pools - 25 meteres with 08 lanes and 50 meters with 10 lanes
Safety & Security Measures at the School
JIRS ranked no.1 in safety according to Education World C-fore Survey 2015.
- CCTV's fixed for safety monitoring and security gates at all entrance and exits with manned security guards 24x7.
- 30 Bedded in house hospital within the camous with 2 qualified resident doctors and 4 nurses.
School Clubs and Societies
The School has organisations/Clubs/Societies that organize various activities to develop the skills and extract the best out of every child. These scholastic and co scholastic clubs are a great way to explore the interest of any student or even develop new ones. The Clubs are:
- Art and Craft
- Science Club
- Social Service
School Timings and Vacations
What are the school timings?
The school works in Shift 1 (Morning).
Language of Instruction
What is the typical school vacation schedule?
Number of Students
School Senior Secondary Streams
- Science with Mathematics
- Science without Mathematics
School Level & Classes
Which grades will you have in the new session?Jain International Residential School is a Primary School (I-V) to Senior Secondary School (XI-XII) for both boys and girls and has following grades/levels
Academics Programme and Curriculum Structure
The Academic session at Jain International Residential School starts from July to April. The School provides education to students from IV to XII.
Jain International Residential School is a Coed English medium Boarding School which offers the best of National and International curriculum CBSE, IB, CIE, from IV to XII.The School offers its students a choice of 3 boards Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
Jain International Residential School is authorised to offer the following
Cambridge International Examination (CIE)
Cambridge CIE is part of the Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. CIE offers education for learners aged 5 to 19 years. CIE has 4 stages of education - Cambridge Primary for 5 to 11 years, Cambridge Secondary 1 for 11 to 14 year, Cambridge Secondary 2 (IGCSE) for 14 to 16 year and Cambridge Advanced (AS & A level) for 16 to 19 years.
Jain International Residential School is affiliated to CIE since with CIE affiliation number .
The Schools offers following Cambridge programs
- Cambridge Secondary 1
- IGCSE Level
- Cambridge Advanced AS Level
- Cambridge Advanced A Level
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
National Level Curriculum under the Union Government of India, Board of Education for public and private schools conducts. CBSE is the largest educational board in the country and is duly recognized by the Department of Education.
- Secondary School Examination
- Senior Secondary certificate examination
Jain International Residential School is recognised by and affiliated to the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) board and follows curriculum prescribed by it. The school is affiliated to CBSE since with CBSE affiliation number 830070.
The Schools offers following CBSE boards
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE) (12th)
- All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE) (10th)
International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate (IB) (International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva, Switzerland) offers 4 programs for students randing from age 3 to 19. The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is for students of age 3 to 12 students. Middle Years Programme is for students aged 11 to 16 and Diploma Programme (DP) for students ages 16 to 19. Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura is affiliated to International Baccalaureate (IB). Every School authorized to offer the IB programmes is known as an IB World School.
The school is affiliated to IB since 14-Apr-11 with IB affiliation number 002764.
The Schools offers following IB programs
Curriculum offered in Jain International Residential School by Class
In this section, we will answer What board of education does Jain International Residential School intend to follow over the years?
- School is Affiliated to CBSE and offers CBSE AISSCE curriculum in class XI & XII. Followed by CBSE Board Exam (AISSCE All India Senior School Certificate Examination) at the end of the Class 12th.
- School follows IB DP Curriculum in Senior Secondary level classes, IB Diploma Programme (DP) caters to students from Class /Grade XI & XII. Know more about IB DP.
- Cambridge Advanced A Level program is highly recognised program. Jain International Residential School offers Cambridge A & AS Level in Senior secondary classes, class XI & XII.
- At the Senior Secondary level, school offers Science with Mathematics, Science without Mathematics, Commerce, Humanities streams.
- School is Affiliated to CBSE and offers CBSE AISSE (SSE) curriculum in Secondary classes (class IX & X). Followed by CBSE Board Exam (AISSE All India Secondary School Examination) at the end of the Class 10th.
- Jain International Residential School follows Cambridge IGCSE Curriculum in Secondary level classes, Class 9 and Class 10. International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is a two-year curriculum with wide range of subjects available to choose from. Know more about IGCSE.
- School follows CBSE Curriculum in Middle School.
- School offers Cambridge International Curriculum (CIE) - Cambridge Secondary 1 programme in Middle level classes i.e. Class/Grade 6 to 8. Cambridge Secondary 1 also provides an excellent foundation for the next level CIE programme Cambridge IGCSE.
- School follows CBSE Curriculum in Primary level classes.
- First Language (For students of grade IV to XII) : English (Compulsory)
- Second language (For students of grade IV to X) : French / Hindi / Sanskrit
- Third Language (For students of grade V to VIII) : Hindi / French / Sanskrit
(The subjects studied in second language cannot be repeated in third language)
Following Subjects are offered in school from class 4 to 8
- 1st LAnguage - English
- 2nd Language - Hindi/Sanskrit/ French
- 3rd Language - Hindi/Sanskrit/ French
- Social Science
|Classes 4 and 5||
|Classes 6 to 8||
Subject Offered - Class XI & XII
|Sl No||GROUP - I Subjects||GROUP - II Subjects||GROUP - III Subjects|
|1||English Core||English Core||English Core|
|3||Accountancy||Economics / Psychology||Business Studies|
|4||Business Studies||Business Studies||Entrepreneurship|
|5||Mathematics / Entrepreneurship||Business Studies||Legal Studies / Psychology|
|6||Physical Education||Physical Education||Physical Education / Painting|
|5||Biology / Computer Science|
|6||Physical Education / Painting|
|5||Physical Education / Painting|
|6||Psychology / Legal Studies|
Class 10th - Secondary School Examination
The CBSE students have to study 5 subject and 1 vocational subject in class 10th. CBSE has made it compulsory for class 10 students to appear for a vocational subject as an additional course. final marksheet for Class X will have separate assessment for the Scholastic Area, co-Scholastic Activities and Discipline (Attendance, Sincerity, Values). Know more about the Class 10th subjects, assessment pattern, Prescribed books and paper format
Students can select any language or subject from list of additional subjects as 6th Subject. Know about list of subjects available in Class X, Syllabus, course structure, Exam paper Format and Prescribed books. Also know about the list of subjects available as 6th subject and their syllabus and course structure.
School Rating & Reviews
Studied or worked here? Share your experience and feedback, review Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura.
Jain International Residential School, Reviews
Read Alumni, Parents and Student Reviews
Similar / Nearby Schools
Nearby Pre Schools
Explore Schools in Popular localities in and around Kanakapura
Explore by Other Cities in Karnataka
Community Discussion on Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura
Post your comments
Claim Your School Page
School details incorrect?
The information on this page is based on our research (Affiliated Board, MHRD and other sources) and data available on schools Website. We have tried our best to show the 100% correct data on this page. If any details are incorrect, we can update them. For any update write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
School reviews as submitted by parents and visitors are directly published on the website without any moderation. If you feel any review published on the website has any incorrect information or includes any inappropriate content, please write an email to us on email@example.com.
Is This Your School's Listing?
Own or manage this School? Claim your school listing to respond to reviews, update your school profile & details and much more. To claim your listing, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Jain International Residential School is affiliated to which board?
Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
What is the process of getting admission into Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura?
The Jain International Residential School has students enrolled from IV to XII. Refer to Admission Section for information on admission process, schedule and key dates.
Is this school a co-educational school?
Yes The Jain International Residential School is Coed school.
What is the curriculum offered at Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura?
Jain International Residential School, Kanakapura offers the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) at various levels of education.
Is this school good? What is the rating of this school?
The Jain International Residential School is rated 4.1 out of 5 based on 22 reviews on SchoolMyKids.com, largest school reviews and rating platform.
Does Jain International Residential School offer Hostel facility to students?
Yes, The schools offers boarding/hostel facilities to students. The School is Boarding School .