Are you planning to get your kid into Kendriya Vidyalaya? In this article we have talked about the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission procedure, Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees and exemptions available to students under various categories. Read our other article to know about Kendriya Vidyalaya schools and the list of Kendriya Vidyalaya schools in India. You can also read about Kendriya Vidyalaya Pass Percentage CBSE 10th and 12th or CBSE Result Analysis - Kendriya Vidyalaya Central Schools vs other Private and Public Schools.
There are more than 1000 Kendriya Vidyalaya schools (KVs), the KVs admission procedure, Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees structure and exemptions remain same for all these schools. Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools are divided into 25 regions, you can visit the website of the individual school or the regional office to know more about these. Visit this link for Kendriya Vidyalaya schools list. Explore Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, KVS has released fresh guidelines for admission 2022- 23 on the official website on 28th of Feb 2022.
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class I - 2022
Admissions for class I are being done through online mode & for other classes it is offline. Online Registration for Admission to Class I in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the Academic Year 2022-2023 will commence at 10:00 am on 28 February 2022 and will close at 7:00 pm on 21 March 2022.
Important Links for Admission
- अपना आवेदन प्रिंट करें / Print your application
- अपने आवेदन की स्थिति जांचें / Check your application status
- आवेदन फॉर्म भरने के लिए निर्देश / Instructions for filling the application form
- आवेदन फॉर्म भरने के लिए वीडियो निर्देश / Video Instructions for filling the application form
Pro Forma Documents Samples
|Certificate Type||Download Sample Format|
|Self Declaration Distance Between School And Residence||Click Here|
|Service Certificate Central Government||Click Here|
|Format Service Certificate State Government||Click Here|
|Affidavit for Single Girl Child||Click Here|
|Died In Harness Certificate||Click Here|
|Transfer Certificate||Click Here|
Is there any fee for application? Ans : No, the application processing is absolutely free of cost.
क्या आवेदन के लिए कोई शुल्क है? उत्तर: नहीं, आवेदन प्रक्रिया बिल्कुल मुफ्त है
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure
Now you can apply to Kendriya Vidyalaya online using Kendriya Vidyalaya admission online form. Step by step admission procedure and guidelines
- The candidate should first search the desired Kendriya Vidyalaya and then apply for admission.
- To apply online, do not wait for the last date of admission to avoid difficulty. Apply Online
- Follow the instruction on the online form. Submit your form after filling all details
- Take Printout of submitted registration form. Parents have to submit printout of this form and all required documents at the time of admission if shortlisted.
- You can check the status of your application: click here to check the status
Please note: 1. If any parent submits wrong information, the application for admission of their ward will be rejected. 2. Parents/student shall fill up only one form in one school in a shift. They can apply in other KVs or second shift of the same KV. 3. Attested true copy of the following documents are to be attached along with the Registration form/required by the Vidyalaya later on: proof of age Certificate, Residence Proof, Caste Certificate if any, Blood group report, Adhar Card, Service certificate with last drawn salary slip for Category –I,II and III, Single Girl child certificate.
Seat Allocation Method
Out of the available seats of fresh admission 25% shall be reserved for Right To Education (Hereafter referred to as ‘RTE’), 15% shall be reserved for SC, 7.5% shall be reserved for ST and 27% seats shall be reserved for “OBC- Non Creamy Layer”. (Hereafter referred to as “OBC-NCL”)
After admission of students under RTE Act followed by Differently Abled (Hereafter referred to as ‘DA’), the children belonging to Cat-1 will be taken up. The students admitted under Cat-1 will also include SC/ST/OBC-NCL. Similarly, after admission of Cat-1, admission of Cat-2 will be taken up which will include SC/ST/OBC-NCL (up to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL School)
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class II to VIII 2022
As per the latest update Registration for Admission to Class I (left out vacancies) and Class II to IX will commence from 08 April 2022 through offline mode in Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country subject to availability of vacancies.
Registration for Class II and above will be done from 08 April 2022 and 8:00 am to 16 April 2022 upto 4:00 pm if vacancies exist (in offline mode).
Registration for Class II and above except Class XI will be done only if vacancies exist. Please check with the school for vacancies.
Their won't be any Admission test for admission to Class II to VIII. The admission may be granted based on Priority category system check the category system below.
A lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards) in case the applications received are more than the number of seats.
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class IX 2022
Kendriya Vidyalaya will conduct an admission test for admission to Class IX. A merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories in the order of merit.
About the Admission test
- Admission test will cover topics from all subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science, and Science.
- Admission test will be only one paper. The test will be of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science each of 20 marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category(PH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class XI 2022
For class XI, application forms will be issued immediately after the declaration of Class X results, subject to availability of Vacancies in the Vidyalayas.
For Class XI, Registration forms may be downloaded from Vidyalaya Website as per the schedule for admission 2022-2023.
Admission to various streams of Class XI - Science, Commerce, humanities will be based on CGPA or percentage scored in Class X 10th exam.
For existing KV students
- Science stream: minimum 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects
- Commerce Stream: minimum 55% marks in aggregate of all subjects
- Humanities: all students of KV who have passed class 10th exam
If still the seats are vacant than non KV students can apply and selection will be based on above criteria.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Important Dates 2022-23
Online Registration for Admission to Class I in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the Academic Year 2022-2023 will commence at 10:00 am on 28 February 2022 and will close at 7:00 pm on 21 March 2022. Registration for Class II and above will be done from 08 April 2022 and 8:00 am to 16 April 2022 upto 4:00 pm if vacancies exist (in offline mode).
The studies of Class I will commence from either online or regular in vidyalaya depending upon improvement in situation due to COVID-19.
Important Dates for Admission
The Admission Schedule for the Session 2022-23 will be as under:-
|All||Advertisement for Admission (प्रवेश के लिए लवज्ञापन)||Last week of February , 2022|
|Class I||Online Registration for Class 1 (कक्षा-I के लिए पंजीकरण - ऑनिाइन माध्यम)||28 February 2022 (Monday) 10:00 AM onwards|
|Class I||ऑनलाइन आवेदन की अंतिम तारीख : Last date of online Registration for Class 1||21 March 2022 (Monday) till 7:00 PM|
|Class I||Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates for Class 1|
Admission of eligible candidates of selected list in following order: (i) RTE (ii) From Service Priority Category (I and II) only (iii) Shortfall of Reservation Quota after admission in (i) and (ii) above
|Class I||Declaration of provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats, if any (keeping the left over reserved seats blocked).||06.04.2022 (Wednesday) to|
|Class I||Extended date for Second Notification for offline registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST and OBC(NCL) if sufficient applications not received in online mode.||Notification on 13.04.2022|
13.04.2022 (Wednesday) to
Display of list and
|Class II and Above (Except Class XI)||Registration for Class II onwards (except XI) - Subject to the availability of vacancies in particular class (offline mode)||08.04.2022 (Friday) to|
|Class II and Above (Except Class XI)||Declaration of list of Class II onwards||21.04.2022 (Thursday)|
|Class II and Above (Except Class XI)||Admission for class II onwards||22.04.2022 (Friday) to|
|Class XI||Registration for Class XI (KV Students)||Within 10 days after|
declaration of class X
|Class XI||Display of List and Admission to Class XI (KV students)||Within 20 days after|
declaration of class X
|Class XI||Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV|
students in class XI.
|All||Last date of admission for all classes including XI.||30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Age requirement
For admission to class I the minimum age is 5 years and maximum 7 years as on 31st March (academic year in which admission is sought). PH candidates will have a 2 year relaxation in upper age limit. Child born on 1st April will also be eligible for admission to Class I.
Please refer to below table for class age eligibility criteria for class II onwards. PH candidates will have 2 years of relaxation on upper age limit for all classes. for example the upper age limit for class 5th admission is 11 years for Non-PH candidate, for PH candidates it will be 13 years.
|Class||Minimum age (both PH and Non-PH candidates)||Maximum age (Non-PH candidates)|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees or KV Fee Structure (per month) 2022
This is new fee structure for Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools with effective from 01.04.2013
|1.||Admission Fee||Rs. 25.00|
|2.||Re Admission Fee||Rs 100.00|
|3(a)||Class IX & X (Boys)||Rs 200.00|
|3(b)||Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys)||Rs 300.00|
|3(c)||Class XI & XII Science (Boys)||Rs.400.00|
|4(a)||Class III onwards wherever Computer Education is being imparted||Rs 100.00|
|4(b)||Computer Science Fee. (for elective subjects) + 2 stage||Rs 150.00|
|5||Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (Classes I - XII)||Rs. 500.00|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee exemption - Category wise
Following type of students and categories are exempted from Fee Tuition Fee, Computer fund and VVN (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi).
KV Fee Exemption
|Category||Tuition fee||Computer fund||VVN (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi)|
|Girls Students from class I to XII||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|SC and ST students||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|Children of KVS employees||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|Children of officers and men of Armed Forces and Paramilitary killed or disabled in War, Military operations or any counter-insurgency operations.||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|Children of parents who are living below poverty line, upto two children and having BPL card||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
Priorities in Admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas
The following priorities shall be followed in granting admissions:-
1. Kendriya Vidyalayas under Civil/Defence Sector Children of transferable and non-transferable
- Category I : children central government employees and children of ex- servicemen
- Category II : employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India
- Category III : State Government employees.
- Category IV : employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
- Category V : Children from any other category including the children of foreign nationals who are located in India
2. Kendriya Vidyalayas under Public Sector Undertakings/ Institutes of Higher Learning:
- Category I : Children of transferable and non-transferable
- Category II : central government employees and children of ex- servicemen.
- Category III : employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
- Category IV :State Government employees.
- Category V : employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
- Category VI : Children from any other category including the children of foreign nationals who are located in India.
KV Transfer from one school to another
For more Guidelines on Admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas, please visit the official website of KVS :- www.kvsangathan.nic.in