Are you planning to get your kid into Kendriya Vidyalaya? In this article we have talked about the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission procedure, Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees and exemptions available to students under various categories. Read our other article to know about Kendriya Vidyalaya schools and the list of Kendriya Vidyalaya schools in India. You can also read about Kendriya Vidyalaya Pass Percentage CBSE 10th and 12th or CBSE Result Analysis - Kendriya Vidyalaya Central Schools vs other Private and Public Schools.
There are more than 1000 Kendriya Vidyalaya schools (KVs), the KVs admission procedure, Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees structure and exemptions remain same for all these schools. Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools are divided into 25 regions, you can visit the website of the individual school or the regional office to know more about these. Visit this link for Kendriya Vidyalaya schools list. Explore Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools.
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class I - 2020
Online registration for admission to class I in Kendriya Vidyalaya for the academic year 2020-21 will commence from March 2020. We will confirm the exact schedule once the notification from KVS is released
The admission details for the class I can be obtained at KV Admission Portal (https://kvsonlineadmission.in/). Parents can find information on KVS admission rules, regulations and guidelines at http://www.kvsangathan.nic.in/AdmissionGuideLine.aspx
Important Links for Admission
- अपना आवेदन प्रिंट करें / Print your application
- अपने आवेदन की स्थिति जांचें / Check your application status
- आवेदन फॉर्म भरने के लिए निर्देश / Instructions for filling the application form
- आवेदन फॉर्म भरने के लिए वीडियो निर्देश / Video Instructions for filling the application form
Pro Forma Documents Samples
|Certificate Type||Download Sample Format|
|Self Declaration Distance Between School And Residence||Click Here|
|Service Certificate Central Government||Click Here|
|Format Service Certificate State Government||Click Here|
|Affidavit for Single Girl Child||Click Here|
|Died In Harness Certificate||Click Here|
|Transfer Certificate||Click Here|
Is there any fee for application? Ans : No, the application processing is absolutely free of cost.
क्या आवेदन के लिए कोई शुल्क है? उत्तर: नहीं, आवेदन प्रक्रिया बिल्कुल मुफ्त है
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure
Now you can apply to Kendriya Vidyalaya online using Kendriya Vidyalaya admission online form. Step by step admission procedure and guidelines
- The candidate should first search the desired Kendriya Vidyalaya and then apply for admission.
- To apply online, do not wait for the last date of admission to avoid difficulty. Apply Online
- Follow the instruction on the online form. Submit your form after filling all details
- Take Printout of submitted registration form. Parents have to submit printout of this form and all required documents at the time of admission if shortlisted.
- You can check the status of your application: click here to check the status
Please note: 1. If any parent submits wrong information, the application for admission of their ward will be rejected. 2. Parents/student shall fill up only one form in one school in a shift. They can apply in other KVs or second shift of the same KV. 3. Attested true copy of the following documents are to be attached along with the Registration form/required by the Vidyalaya later on: proof of age Certificate, Residence Proof, Caste Certificate if any, Blood group report, Adhar Card, Service certificate with last drawn salary slip for Category –I,II and III, Single Girl child certificate.
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class II to VIII
As per the latest update Registration for Admission to Class I (left out vacancies) and Class II to IX will commence from April 2020 through offline mode in kendriya vidyalayas across the country subject to availability of vacancies. We will confirm the exact schedule once the notification from KVS is released
Registration for Class II and above except Class XI will be done only if vacancies exist. Please check with the school for vacancies.
Their won't be any Admission test for admission to Class II to VIII. The admission may be granted based on Priority category system check the category system below. A lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards) in case the applications received are more than the number of seats.
A lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards) in case the applications received are more than the number of seats.
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class IX
Kendriya Vidyalaya will conduct an admission test for admission to Class IX. A merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories in the order of merit.
About the Admission test
- Admission test will cover topics from all subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science, and Science.
- Admission test will be only one paper. The test will be of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science each of 20 marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category(PH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
Admission Guideline for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya class XI
For class XI, application forms will be issued immediately after the declaration of Class X results, subject to availability of Vacancies in the Vidyalayas.
Admission to various streams of Class XI - Science, Commerce, humanities will be based on CGPA or percentage scored in Class X 10th exam.
For existing KV students
- Science stream: minimum 7.6 CGPA required
- Commerce Stream: minimum 6.4 CGPA required
- Humanities: all students of KV who have passed class 10th exam
In case seats are vacant, Science stream CGPA will go down to 6.4 and Commerce stream will go down to 6.0 CGPA. If still the seats are vacant than non KV students can apply and selection will be based on above criteria.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Important Dates 2020-21
For Class II and above from April 2020. We will confirm the exact schedule once the notification from KVS is released
Important Dates for Admission
We will confirm the exact schedule once the notification from KVS is released
|Class I||Online Registration for Class||March 2020 8 AM Onwards|
|Class I||ऑनलाइन आवेदन की अंतिम तारीख : Last date of online application is :||मार्च 2020 March 2020|
|Class I||Declaration of selected Candidates list Class 1 & Admission for Class 1||
|Class I||Extended date for second notification admission to be made under RTE Provisions (Class I), if sufficient applications not received under RTE Provisions||April 2020|
|Class I||In case of sufficient number of registrations for SC/ST not received in 1st Phase , second notification may be issued||April 2020|
|Class II and Above (Except Class XI)||Registration for Class II onwards (except XI) - Subject to the availability of vacancies in particular class||April 2020|
|Class II and Above (Except Class XI)||Declaration of list of Class II onwards||April 2020|
|Class II and Above (Except Class XI)||Admission||April 2020|
|Class II and Above (Except Class XI)||Last date for Admission Except Class XI||April 2020|
|Class XI||Registration for Class XI||Within 10 days after declaration of Board Results|
|Class XI||Display of List and Admission to Class XI||Within 20 days after declaration of Board Results|
|Class XI||Last Date for Admission to Class XI||1st July 2020|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Age requirement
For admission to class I the minimum age is 5 years and maximum 7 years as on 31st March 2020. PH candidates will have a 2 year relaxation in upper age limit.Child born on 1st April will also be eligible for admission to Class I.
Please refer to below table for class age eligibility criteria for class II onwards. PH candidates will have 2 years of relaxation on upper age limit for all classes. for example the upper age limit for class 5th admission is 11 years for Non-PH candidate, for PH candidates it will be 13 years.
|Class||Minimum age (both PH and Non-PH candidates)||Maximum age (Non-PH candidates)|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees or KV Fee Structure (per month) 2020
This is new fee structure for Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools with effective from 01.04.2013
|1.||Admission Fee||Rs. 25.00|
|2.||Re Admission Fee||Rs 100.00|
|3(a)||Class IX & X (Boys)||Rs 200.00|
|3(b)||Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys)||Rs 300.00|
|3(c)||Class XI & XII Science (Boys)||Rs.400.00|
|4(a)||Class III onwards wherever Computer Education is being imparted||Rs 100.00|
|4(b)||Computer Science Fee. (for elective subjects) + 2 stage||Rs 150.00|
|5||Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (Classes I - XII)||Rs. 500.00|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee exemption - Category wise
Following type of students and categories are exempted from Fee Tuition Fee, Computer fund and VVN (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi).
KV Fee Exemption
|Category||Tuition fee||Computer fund||VVN (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi)|
|Girls Students from class I to XII||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|SC and ST students||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|Children of KVS employees||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|Children of officers and men of Armed Forces and Paramilitary killed or disabled in War, Military operations or any counter-insurgency operations.||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|Children of parents who are living below poverty line, upto two children and having BPL card||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
Priorities in Admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas
The following priorities shall be followed in granting admissions:- 1. Kendriya Vidyalayas under Civil/Defence Sector Children of transferable and non-transferable
- Category I : central government employees and children of ex- servicemen
- Category II : employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India
- Category III : State Government employees.
- Category IV : employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
- Category V : Children from any other category including the children of foreign nationals who are located in India
2. Kendriya Vidyalayas under Public Sector Undertakings/ Institutes of Higher Learning:
- Category I :
- a) Children and grandchildren of employees of the Public Sector Undertakings/Institutes of Higher learning which are the sponsors of the Vidyalaya.
- b) Children of project employees & Post Graduate students
- c) Children of regular Council of Wardens (COW) employees.
- d) Children and Grand Children of retired employees to be included in category I for the purpose of admission.
- e) Children of employees of Institutes of Higher learning who had to discontinue school to accompany parents going out of station on sabbatical leave/long leave, over and above the class strength.
Children of transferable and non-transferable
- Category II : central government employees and children of ex- servicemen.
- Category III : employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
- Category IV :State Government employees.
- Category V : employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
- Category VI : Children from any other category including the children of foreign nationals who are located in India.
KV Transfer from one school to another
For more Guidelines on Admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas, please visit the official website of KVS :- www.kvsangathan.nic.in