Know about SEK International School, Doha: Board & Curriculum, Admission Procedure, Fees & Fee Structure, Contact Details, Facilities and Ranking, Rating and Reviews.
SEK International School Doha, is a Senior Secondary School (XI-XII), affiliated to International Baccalaureate (IB). The School is a Coed Day School, with classes from KG 1 to XII. It is an English Medium school. The school is located in West Bay area of Doha. SEK International School was established in . It is a Private School and is part of SEK International Schools and is managed by SEK Group. The school is member of New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
SEK International School West Bay is a Coed Day School, which services the educational need of hundreds of students from KG 1 through XII. The classes in SEK International School for every academic year starts from April to March.
SEK International Schools offer education to more than 6,000 students of more than 50 nationalities, from ages 3 to 18, in their campuses of Madrid, Barcelona, Almeria, Pontevedra, Dublin (Ireland), Les Alpes (France) and Doha (Qatar).
School Awards and Recognitions
The school is accredited by NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges).
Checkout everything about SEK International School, Doha Ad Dawhah. The best gift you can give to your child is a right school for his/her academic, co-curricular and overall development. Read about SEK International School Admission Procedure & Policy, Important Dates for Admission, SEK International School Fee Structure, School Curriculum & affiliation, medium of instruction, level, Extracurricular Activities, Facilities, Alumni, Faculty, Contact Details and other important information. You can also explore list of best schools in Doha or checkout best Schools in West Bay Doha.
Explore Best Schools in Qatar by city and Boards of Education: CBSE, ICSE, IB (DP, MYP, PYP), CIE (IGCSE, Cambridge AS&A Level) and State Boards. Explore list of approved CBSE schools in Qatar, Approved accredited CIE Schools in Qatar, Approved ICSE Schools in Qatar, and Approved accredited IB Schools in Qatar.
SchoolMyKids.com provides Parenting Tips & Advice to parents, Information about Schools near you and School Reviews. Use SchoolMyKids Career Guidance to know about career options and courses for you or your child.
Address & Contact Information
Al Farouq St, Onaiza 65, Doha, Qatar.
School Chairman & Principal
School Contact Person
+974 4012 7633
April to March
Admission Contact Details
Phone: (+974) 4012 7636
The School has students enrolled from KG 1 to XII. Find below the admission schedule, procedure, Contact Details, documents required and instructions for parents for SEK International School, Doha Admission.
In this section, we will answer the common questions like What is the admission process like and what are the key dates? Is their any admission test? Will School also hold an interview or an interaction? What is the age criterion for admission to SEK International School Doha for the upcoming academic year?
Applications for admission will be accepted from October for the next academic year.
- Application forms should be completed online using the school's website and all requested documents scanned.
- Selected applicants will be invited to undertake an assessment interview that carries a fee.
- The School Admissions Committee that includes the Counsellor, the Principal, the Academic Coordinators, and representatives from the Admissions team makes the final decision on admissions.
- The place offer will be subject to the payment of the corresponding fees within a timeline. If the payment is not completed by the identified deadline, the place will be lost.
The following documents should be scanned and uploaded together with the application form:
- A recent passport size photo of your child on a plain white background.
- A copy of the child’s passport, resident permit (Qatar ID when available) and birth certificate.
- A copy of the parent’s passports and resident permit (Qatar ID when available).
- A copy of the child’s school reports for the last two years, which must contain appropriate assessment information and reference to the curriculum, grade/year in which the student has studied, attendance and the type of school, for example private, independent, public schools system.
- When the documents are not in English, a notarized translation in English must be provided.
- Childhood immunization records and medical fitness report for school entry/transfer.
- A copy of any assessments relating to Additional Educational Support Needs (e.g. Educational Psychologist reports, Speech and Language Therapy), if applicable.
SEK International School Fees: Fee Structure & Details
Refer below for SEK International School Doha fee structure and current fees.
- Application Fee A QAR 502 non‐refundable and non‐transferable fee is due at the time of the admissions interview
- Registration Fee Once the child’s application is accepted, a QAR 2,508 non‐refundable Registration fee is due to confirm the parents’ acceptance of the place.
- Reservation Fee Once the child’s application is accepted, a QAR 2,508 Reservation Fee is due to confirm the parents’ acceptance of the place. This fee will be discounted from the First term fees.
The tuition fees are invoiced as three equal installments to be paid before the beginning of each academic term
|Grade/Fees per year||Fees||Fees per Installment|
|PS 4 - PS 5||45,891||15,297|
|Grade 1 - Grade 6||50,000||16,667|
|Grade 7 - Grade 10||55,676||18,559|
|Grade 11 - Grade 12||63,099||21,033|
IB Exam fees
- Grade 10:- 2,000
- Grade 12:- 2,800
Infrastructure & Facilities
The SEK International School campus is spread over acres of land in West Bay area of Doha, Ad Dawhah. The School is a K-12 Day School. The School's infrastructure includes but is not limited to:
- Covered Play Area
- Horse Riding
- Indoor Stadium
- Kho Kho
- Outdoor Stadium
- Play Area
- Splash Pool
- Sand Pit
- Table Tennis
- Digital Library
- Career Counseling
- Student Exchange Programs
- Test Center
- AC Classrooms
- AV Classrooms
Visual and Performing Arts Facilities(0/4)
- Language Labs
- Maths Labs
- Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL)
- Computer Labs
- Robotics Labs
- Transport Facility
- AC Buses
- AC Hostels
- Accessible Parking
- Ramped or Level Entrances
- Accessible Washrooms
- Braille and Large Print Room Numbers
- AV Facilities
- Interactive Boards
- School App
Food and Catering Facilities(0/3)
- Meal Served
- Kitchen & Dining Hall
Safety and Security Facilities(0/11)
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Extinguisher
- Security Guards
- Boundary Wall
- Fenced Boundary Wall
- Speedometer In Bus
- GPS In Bus
- CCTV In Bus
- Fire Extinguisher In Bus
- School Bus Tracking App
Medical Facility Facilities(1/7)
- Medical Facility
- Medical Room or Clinic
- Resident Doctor
- Medical Staff
- Isolation Room
- Dedicated Ambulance
Other Infra Facilities(1/6)
- Kids Play Area
- Activity Center
- Toy Room
- Day Care
School Clubs and Societies
The School has organisations/Clubs/Societies that organize various activities to develop the skills and extract the best out of every child. These scholastic and co scholastic clubs are a great way to explore the interest of any student or even develop new ones.
School Timings and Vacations
What are the school timings?
The school works in Shift 1 (Morning).
Language of Instruction
What is the typical school vacation schedule?
School Senior Secondary Streams
School Level & Classes
Which grades will you have in the new session?SEK International School is a Pre Primary School (Pre School) to Senior Secondary School (XI-XII) for both boys and girls and has following grades/levels
Academics Programme and Curriculum Structure
The Academic session at SEK International School starts from April to March. The School provides education to students from KG 1 to XII.
SEK International School is a Coed English medium Day School which offers the International curriculum IB, from KG 1 to XII.
SEK International School is authorised to offer the following
International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate (IB) (International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva, Switzerland) offers 4 programs for students randing from age 3 to 19. The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is for students of age 3 to 12 students. Middle Years Programme is for students aged 11 to 16 and Diploma Programme (DP) for students ages 16 to 19. SEK International School, Doha is affiliated to International Baccalaureate (IB). Every School authorized to offer the IB programmes is known as an IB World School.
The school is affiliated to IB since 04/13/2015 with IB affiliation number 050486.
The Schools offers following IB programs
Curriculum offered in SEK International School by Class
In this section, we will answer What board of education does SEK International School intend to follow over the years?
- School follows IB DP Curriculum in Senior Secondary level classes, IB Diploma Programme (DP) caters to students from Class /Grade XI & XII. Know more about IB DP.
- School follows IB MYP Curriculum in Secondary level classes, IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) also caters to students of Class /Grade 9th & 10th. As per the Agreement signed between International Baccalaureate (IB) and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) in January 2013, compeletion of IB MYP program will be consdidered equivalent to any other Class 10th board examination in India. Students can get continue their education with any school or board after compelting the IB MYP. Know more about MYP.
- School follows IB MYP Curriculum in Middle level classes, IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) caters to students from Class /Grade 6 to 8. Know more about MYP.
- Upto Class V, School follows IB PYP Curriculum. IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) caters to students from Class /Grade 1 to 5. Know More about IB PYP
School follows IB PYP Curriculum in Pre Primary level classes. IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) is designed to cater to students till Grade/Class 5. Know more about PYP.
In 2014 SEK International School became an IB World School, authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme, and in March and April 2016 the school achieved authorization to offer the Middle Years and Diploma Programmes respectively.
School Rating & Reviews
Studied or worked here? Share your experience and feedback, review SEK International School, Doha.
SEK International School, Reviews
Read Alumni, Parents and Student Reviews
Similar / Nearby Schools
Nearby Pre Schools
Explore Schools in Popular localities in and around Doha
Explore by Other Cities in Ad Dawhah
Community Discussion on SEK International School, Doha
Post your comments
Claim Your School Page
School details incorrect?
The information on this page is based on our research (Affiliated Board, MHRD and other sources) and data available on schools Website. We have tried our best to show the 100% correct data on this page. If any details are incorrect, we can update them. For any update write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
School reviews as submitted by parents and visitors are directly published on the website without any moderation. If you feel any review published on the website has any incorrect information or includes any inappropriate content, please write an email to us on email@example.com.
Is This Your School's Listing?
Own or manage this School? Claim your school listing to respond to reviews, update your school profile & details and much more. To claim your listing, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
SEK International School is affiliated to which board?
SEK International School, Doha is affiliated to the International Baccalaureate (IB).
What is the process of getting admission into SEK International School, Doha?
The SEK International School has students enrolled from KG 1 to XII. Refer to Admission Section for information on admission process, schedule and key dates.
Is this school a co-educational school?
Yes The SEK International School is Coed school.
What is the curriculum offered at SEK International School, Doha?
SEK International School, Doha offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) at various levels of education.
Is this school good? What is the rating of this school?
The SEK International School is rated 3.3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews on SchoolMyKids.com, largest school reviews and rating platform.
Does SEK International School offer Hostel facility to students?
No, The schools does not have any boarding/hostel facilities to students. The School is Day School .