St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna (SMHS)
- Digha Ghat, Patna, Bihar, India
- Contact Info
School is upto Senior Secondary School (XI-XII) and affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The School is a Coed Day School, with classes from LKG to XII. It is an English Medium school.
Know about St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna: Board & Curriculum, Admission Procedure, Fees & Fee Structure, Contact Details, Facilities and Ranking, Rating and Reviews.
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat Patna, is a Senior Secondary School (XI-XII), affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The School is a Coed Day School, with classes from LKG to XII. It is an English Medium school. The school is located in Digha Ghat area of Patna. St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat was established in 1858. It is a Private School and is managed by Patna Jesuit Society.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
The motto of St. Michael's High School Digha Ghat is For God and Country. It is a Coed Day School, which services the educational need of over 3141 students from LKG through XII. The classes in St. Michael's High School for every academic year starts from April - March.
St. Michael's High School Patna, is a Catholic Missionary educational instition, founded in 1858, by the first Bishop of Patna, Dr. Anastasius Hartmann (of the Franciscan (Capuchin) Missionary Society). School started as a boarding school for poor and orphan boys under the Catholic Chruch at Kurji.
School became complete English medium from 2010 onwards.
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna is one of the best Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) schools in Digha Ghat area of Patna and ranks among the top schools in Patna. Here, the dedicated and professional teachers ensure that the children get the maximum out of their education in this Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) school in Patna. The school has given exceptional results in the academic sphere and its students have excelled in extra co-curricular activities too.
Checkout everything about St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna Bihar. The best gift you can give to your child is a right school for his/her academic, co-curricular and overall development. Read about St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat Admission Procedure & Policy, Important Dates for Admission, St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat Fee Structure, School Curriculum & affiliation, medium of instruction, level, Extracurricular Activities, Facilities, Alumni, Faculty, Contact Details and other important information. You can also explore list of best schools in Patna or checkout best Schools in Digha Ghat Patna.
Explore Best Schools in India by city and Boards of Education: CBSE, ICSE, IB (DP, MYP, PYP), CIE (IGCSE, Cambridge AS&A Level) and State Boards. Explore list of approved CBSE schools in India, Approved accredited CIE Schools in India, Approved ICSE Schools in India, and Approved accredited IB Schools in India.
SchoolMyKids.com provides Parenting Tips & Advice to parents, Information about Schools near you and School Reviews. Use SchoolMyKids Career Guidance to know about career options and courses for you or your child.
Address & Contact Information
Digha Ghat, Patna, Bihar 800011
School Chairman & Principal
- Chairman: Fr. Seraphin John, S.J.
- Principal: Fr. Edison J. Armstrong, S.J
School Contact Person
April - March
January to May
The School has students enrolled from LKG to XII. Find below the admission schedule, procedure, Contact Details, documents required and instructions for parents for St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna Admission.
In this section, we will answer the common questions like What is the admission process like and what are the key dates? Is their any admission test? Will School also hold an interview or an interaction? What is the age criterion for admission to St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat Patna for the upcoming academic year?
L.K.G admission happens during january while admission to 11th starts after the declaration of Xth board results. Admission to All other classes is based on vacancy.
Admission to LKG
Students are admitted to L.K.G.
- Total 240 Seats are available for Admission.
- The candidate must have completed FOUR (4) years as on 31st March
- Applications for this are ordinarily done two months prior to the commencement of the academic year.
- The dates of application are announced every year on the school Bulletin Board. The academic year begins in the first week of April.
- The students are admitted in L.K.G. by the management of the school on the random basis only after inviting application and verification of the documents required for admission.
- The list of selected candidates will be published on the school website
Criteria for Admission
Preference will be given to the candidates of following categories who fulfill the other eligibility criteria for admission.
- All Christian candidates, children of St. Michael’s High School staff will be given preference.
- Proximity to school. (Preference will be given to candidates residing within two kilometer radius of the school)
- 33% seats will be earmarked for girls.
- Birth Certificate from Municipal Corporation or an Affidavit from an Executive Magistrate.
- If Christian, Baptism Certificate and letter from the Parish Priest .
- Any one for proof of residence. a) Ration Card b) Election ID c) Aadhar Card d) Passport e) Electricity Bill f) Telephone Bill
- School Identity Card if sibling (not the cousins) is studying in St.Michael’s High School. (Photocopy along with the original to be shown)
- Caste Certificate if SC/ST/BC/OBC .
- Immunization Certificate.
- If St. Michael’s Alumni, mark - sheet of Class X / XII
- FORMS AVAILABLE ON WEBSITE FROM : 14th December , 2019 to 19 th December, 2019.
- The filled in application forms along with supporting documents and Rs- 700/- are to be submitted at St. MICHAEL’S HIGH SCHOOL, PRIMARY CAMPUS. (i) On 20- 12- 2019 (Friday) : Time – 7:30 AM To 1:30 PM (ii) On 21- 12- 2019 (Saturday) : Time – 7:30 AM To 11:00 AM
Normally casual vacancies, if any, in other classes are filled in after the commencement of the academic year.
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat Fees: Fee Structure & Details
Refer below for St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat Patna fee structure and current fees.
Rs. 41,910 per year for class XIth & XIIth
Infrastructure & Facilities
The St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat campus is spread over 21.55 Acres acres of land in Digha Ghat area of Patna, Bihar. The School is a K-12 Day School. The School's infrastructure includes but is not limited to:
- Covered Play Area
- Horse Riding
- Indoor Stadium
- Kho Kho
- Outdoor Stadium
- Play Area
- Splash Pool
- Sand Pit
- Table Tennis
- Digital Library
- Career Counseling
- Student Exchange Programs
- Test Center
- AC Classrooms
- AV Classrooms
Visual and Performing Arts Facilities(4/4)
- Language Labs
- Maths Labs
- Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL)
- Computer Labs
- Robotics Labs
- Transport Facility
- AC Buses
- AC Hostels
- Accessible Parking
- Ramped or Level Entrances
- Accessible Washrooms
- Braille and Large Print Room Numbers
- AV Facilities
- Interactive Boards
- School App
Food and Catering Facilities(1/3)
- Meal Served
- Kitchen & Dining Hall
Safety and Security Facilities(1/11)
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Extinguisher
- Security Guards
- Boundary Wall
- Fenced Boundary Wall
- Speedometer In Bus
- GPS In Bus
- CCTV In Bus
- Fire Extinguisher In Bus
- School Bus Tracking App
Medical Facility Facilities(0/7)
- Medical Facility
- Medical Room or Clinic
- Resident Doctor
- Medical Staff
- Isolation Room
- Dedicated Ambulance
Other Infra Facilities(2/6)
- Kids Play Area
- Activity Center
- Toy Room
- Day Care
The school offers a wide range of Extra-Curricular Activities which includes sports, dance, music, social services, etc. Dance & music competitions are also organized on a regular basis and the school has won many inter-school awards in dance and music competitions.
All types of sports facilities are available such as Cricket, Football, Table tennis, etc. Social service platforms like NCC & NSS are also an active part of the school.
School Clubs and Societies
The School has organisations/Clubs/Societies that organize various activities to develop the skills and extract the best out of every child. These scholastic and co scholastic clubs are a great way to explore the interest of any student or even develop new ones. The Clubs are:
- Social Service
School Timings and Vacations
What are the school timings?
The school works in Shift 1 (Morning), Shift 2 (Afternoon).
Language of Instruction
What is the typical school vacation schedule?
|Holidays||From May to June|
Number of Students
Number of Teachers
Students to Teachers Ratio
School Senior Secondary Streams
- Science with Mathematics
- Science without Mathematics
School Level & Classes
Which grades will you have in the new session?St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat is a Pre Primary School (Pre School) to Senior Secondary School (XI-XII) for both boys and girls and has following grades/levels
Academics Programme and Curriculum Structure
The Academic session at St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat starts from April - March. The School provides education to students from LKG to XII.
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat is a Coed English medium Day School which offers the National curriculum CBSE, from LKG to XII.
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat is authorised to offer the following
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
National Level Curriculum under the Union Government of India, Board of Education for public and private schools conducts. CBSE is the largest educational board in the country and is duly recognized by the Department of Education.
- Secondary School Examination
- Senior Secondary certificate examination
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat is recognised by and affiliated to the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) board and follows curriculum prescribed by it. The school is affiliated to CBSE since with CBSE affiliation number 330004.
The Schools offers following CBSE boards
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE) (12th)
- All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE) (10th)
Curriculum offered in St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat by Class
In this section, we will answer What board of education does St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat intend to follow over the years?
- School is Affiliated to CBSE and offers CBSE AISSCE curriculum in class XI & XII. Followed by CBSE Board Exam (AISSCE All India Senior School Certificate Examination) at the end of the Class 12th.
- At the Senior Secondary level, school offers Science with Mathematics, Science without Mathematics, Commerce, Humanities streams.
- School is Affiliated to CBSE and offers CBSE AISSE (SSE) curriculum in Secondary classes (class IX & X). Followed by CBSE Board Exam (AISSE All India Secondary School Examination) at the end of the Class 10th.
- School follows CBSE Curriculum in Middle School.
Class 10th - Secondary School Examination
The CBSE students have to study 5 subject and 1 vocational subject in class 10th. CBSE has made it compulsory for class 10 students to appear for a vocational subject as an additional course. final marksheet for Class X will have separate assessment for the Scholastic Area, co-Scholastic Activities and Discipline (Attendance, Sincerity, Values). Know more about the Class 10th subjects, assessment pattern, Prescribed books and paper format
Students can select any language or subject from list of additional subjects as 6th Subject. Know about list of subjects available in Class X, Syllabus, course structure, Exam paper Format and Prescribed books. Also know about the list of subjects available as 6th subject and their syllabus and course structure.
School Notable Alumni
- Bindeshwari Dubey, er Chief Minister of Bihar
- Amitabh Mukhopadhyay, Of Government Affairs, Abbott.
- Amitabh Mukhopadhyay, of Government Affairs for Abbott Pvt LTD.
- Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- Syed Saba Karim
- Vikram Seth
- Amitava Kumar
- Sushil Kumar Modi, er Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar
- Imtiaz Ali
- Jayant Sinha, Minister of State for Civil Aviation
- Arun Kumar Singh, IFS, Indian ambassador to US
School Staff Details
School Management Committee
The management consists of a Rector, the Principal to coordinate all activities of the school. The management committee also includes Vice-principal, mistress, and a treasurer.
School Rating & Reviews
Studied or worked here? Share your experience and feedback, review St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna.
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Reviews
Read Alumni, Parents and Student Reviews
Similar / Nearby Schools
Explore Schools in Popular localities in and around Patna
Explore by Other Cities in Bihar
Community Discussion on St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna
Post your comments
Claim Your School Page
School details incorrect?
The information on this page is based on our research (Affiliated Board, MHRD and other sources) and data available on schools Website. We have tried our best to show the 100% correct data on this page. If any details are incorrect, we can update them. For any update write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
School reviews as submitted by parents and visitors are directly published on the website without any moderation. If you feel any review published on the website has any incorrect information or includes any inappropriate content, please write an email to us on email@example.com.
Is This Your School's Listing?
Own or manage this School? Claim your school listing to respond to reviews, update your school profile & details and much more. To claim your listing, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat is affiliated to which board?
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
What is the process of getting admission into St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna?
The St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat has students enrolled from LKG to XII. Refer to Admission Section for information on admission process, schedule and key dates.
Is this school a co-educational school?
Yes The St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat is Coed school.
What is the curriculum offered at St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna?
St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat, Patna offers the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) at various levels of education.
Is this school good? What is the rating of this school?
The St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat is rated 4.2 out of 5 based on 37 reviews on SchoolMyKids.com, largest school reviews and rating platform.
Does St. Michael's High School, Digha Ghat offer Hostel facility to students?
No, The schools does not have any boarding/hostel facilities to students. The School is Day School .