Hello kids! A snail moves at a very slow pace yet plays an important role in the ecosystem. It helps keep the balance in the ecosystem. Often seen in garden, backyards and moist areas they have a thick shell around their back and move around with this. This keeps them safe from predators. When they sense danger they quickly enclose themselves inside this shell.
So today let’s make a beautiful and colourful paper snail with basic at-home art and craft supplies.
Materials Required to Make Paper Rocking Snail
- Yellow paper
- Orange paper
- Green paper
- Red paper
- Blue paper
- Googly eyes
- Sketch pen
How to Make Paper Rocking Snail Step by Step
- First, we need a red sheet of paper. The preferred size is half of A3
- Next, draw and cut a circle of 15 cms using the red sheet and fold it in half.
- This folded red circle would act as a rocking tumbler.
- Next, we need colourful circles of green, blue, orange and yellow in ascending order.
- Start with green in 4cms, followed by other colours mentioned above in 6cms, 8cms and 10cms.
- Stick them one above the other starting with yellow first till green.
- Stick them at one side so that it gives an appearance of a shell
- Next, use the same red sheet to make two antennas and stick them.
- Arrange these stacked circles on the red tumbler.
- Stick the googly eyes on the top ends of the antennas.
- That’s it, your beautiful and colourful rocking paper snail is ready.
Try for yourself!