The plastic bags normally take 10 to 1000 years to decompose. So, you can imagine how much it is damaging our environment. By making these t-shirt reusable bags, you can help the environment by reducing the use of plastic bags.
Also, you can reuse your or your kid’s old t-shirt and make those stylish tote bags.
You can teach this to your kids as well. They will also love it.
So, let’s start making these stylish tote bags.
DIY T-Shirt Bag
What you need-
- An old T-shirt (thicker fabric will be suitable)
- Sharp scissors or fabric scissors
- Embellishments (optional)
How to make Reusable bags-
- Cut the sleeves off the T-shirt
- Cut out the neck portion. Cut the deep U to create the handles.
- Now, turn the shirt inside out. Make sure the bottom edges are even and smooth
- Begin cutting strips about 3-4 inches in length and making slits about ½ inch wide
- Tie the strips together to create the bottom of the bag
- As there will be a gap between each knot, so close those up with by tieing the top strip with the bottom of the edges. Make sure these knots are nice and tight
- Once it is complete, tie a quick double knot on the ends just to reassure
- Turn the bag inside out
- T-shirt reusable bag is ready.
- Use embellishments at the neckline or the whole bag (optional)
Start making these cloth bags and stop using plastic bags. One person’s action can make a difference in our world.