Buying the paint only from the market is not the only way. You can make these paints at home for your kids as well. The process of making homemade paint for kids is really simple, non-toxic, and budget-friendly. This is money-saving DIY for parents and for those who love to make crafts often. Use any container or bottle to store the paint.
Let’s start this Easy Homemade Paint Recipe activity to make paints at home with kids.
Materials Required for Homemade Paint- Easy Homemade Paint Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Food colouring
- Any container or bottle
How to Make Homemade Paint for Kids
- For medium size paint container, add 2 cups of water, 2 cups of flour and 2 cups of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Once the mixture is done, fill the paint bottles with the help of a mixture
- Add small drops of food colouring in each bottle
- Shake the bottle well. So that everything mixes well in the bottle
- Add food colouring until the desired colour is achieved
- Now, you can use the paint. It will work the same as the paint you buy from the market
- The paint will separate after sitting awhile. But simply shake the bottle again and it will as good as new.
So, this is a simple way to make homemade paints. You can make it anytime when the paint bottle gets empty. It is budget-friendly and your kids can use it as much as they want.