We prefer a lot of things eco- friendly. Being eco- friendly helps restore our environment to a certain extent and we are happy to help and contribute a bit to its wellbeing. So today we are going to make one eco-friendly mini paper bag. You can call it a gift bag too. Share in some sweets or candies in this bag and gift it to your loved ones. They would be surprised to see your creativity.
In this article:
Kids will also love to make these cute mini paper gift bags.
Let’s follow these steps to know how to make a mini paper bag
Materials Required to make a Mini Paper Bag
- Orange sheet
- Yellow sheet
- Sketch pens
How to Make a Mini Paper Bag Step by Step
- Take the yellow sheet and draw 4 rectangles of 6cm by 7cm. Cut and keep aside.
- Now take the orange sheet and draw two rectangles of 13cm by 7cm. Cut and keep aside.
- Now start folding the two orange rectangles vertically in an accordion fold.
- Stick one rectangle of yellow colour starting from the lower end of the accordion fold paper on one end, continue alternately till all 4 yellow rectangles stick on one side. Stick the other end of the yellow rectangle on the second orange sheet in the same fashion.
- Once done, you have pockets in between the accordion-folded sheets. This is your bag.
- We need a cover for the bag, for this take a yellow sheet and cut a rectangle of 7cm by 15 cm.
- Now stick one end of the paper bag pocket flat on the yellow sheet and cover it on all sides. Leave the front end free without glue.
- Now cut two small strips of paper to make the buckle and belt of the paper bag on the front side.
- While making the buckle make sure you do not stick it completely, just stick the two ends and keep the centre portion free.
- Now stick the belt to be inserted on to the buckle on the front side of the bag cover in a way that the belt would go inside the buckle and resemble a lock.
- Draw small stitch pattern on the belt and buckle using black sketch pen to give an effect of sewing.
- Cut a small strip of paper and stick it on the top to give an effect of a handle.
- Your mini paper bag is now ready kids.
- You can change the dimensions to make your bag bigger or smaller in size as per the usage.
- Try using different colours to make your bag look more attractive.