Explore all you need to know about Bio Technology Engineering (Graduates and Post Graduate), from admission Criteria to Courses/Degrees available to Best colleges offering Bio Technology Engineering Programs. Continue to read about Bio Technology Engineering career options - eligibility, courses, colleges, salary and jobs or know about other career Options after 12th with detail on courses after 12th class and admission criteria and top colleges.
Here is the complete guide to a career in Bio Technology Engineering.
Bio Technology Engineering Introduction and scope
What is Bio Technology Engineering?
Biotechnology engineering is a branch of engineering where technology is combined with biology for research and development. Biotechnology involves wide range of subjects such as engineering, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology and chemistry.
There are various applications of biotechnology in fields such as animal husbandry, growth of vaccines and medicines, agriculture, pollution control, energy production and conservation, healing of prolonged disease and ecological conservation such as
- Gene therapy
- Tissue culture
- Immune technologies
- Genetic Engineering
- drug design
- Stem cell techniques
- New DNA technologies
- Photosynthetic efficiency
- Enzyme engineering and technology
Bio Technology Engineering Admission Process, Eligibility Requirements
What is the eligibility criteria for admission to Bio Technology Engineering courses in India? Know the eligibility criteria for Bio Technology Engineering courses in India
- (10+2) examination with biology, maths and chemistry.
- For admission into IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E). The duration for the course is 4 years.
Bio Technology Engineering Courses & Degrees
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Bioprocess Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
- Master of Technology in Biotechnology
- Master of Engineering in Biotechnology
Bio Technology Engineering colleges/Universities
Top Institutes offering Bio Technology Engineering course are:
- Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology (AVIT), Chennai, Tamil Nadu,
- Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), Guntur, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh,
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu,
Bio Technology Engineering salary
Bio Technology Engineering salary in India
Average Salary of an Bio Technology Engineering in India is between per annum