Squeeze a tomato and you get ketchup! Hehe yes, kids, we all love tangy tomato ketchup. It goes with almost any snack and no one gives it a miss. Tomatoes are bright red and pulpy fruits. So today let’s make a toy out of this tomato! No, we are not using a tomato today indeed making one using basic art and craft supplies at home and would use it as a rocking funny tomato toy!
Excited kids? So let’s get going and make an easy paper tomato toy!
Materials Required to Make Paper Tomato Toy
- Red paper
- Green paper
- White paper
- Black paper
- Sketch pens
How to Make an Easy Paper Tomato Toy Step by Step
- First, take a red paper and cut two circles out of this sheet.
- The size of the two circles should be equal. Roughly around 15cms diameter.
- Next, fold one circle into half and keep aside.
- Next, keep the other circle as it is. This is our tomato.
- Take a green paper and cut the green leafy top of the tomato. Cut around three to four leaves and fold them.
- Next cut the stem of the tomato using a green sheet.
- Assemble and stack these on top of the tomato.
- Next, take a white sheet of paper to cut the eyes of the tomato, make one eye smaller than the other. Next, use a black sheet to cut the iris similarly one smaller than the other.
- Use a white sheet again to add details to the black portion of the eyes. Cut these small white circle. Stick them starting with bigger white followed by black and then small white circles.
- Next, use a black paper to draw and cut the arms and stick it on the sides of the tomato.
- Next, use a white sheet to draw and cut the hands of the tomato.
- Stick the hands at the lower end of the arms on both sides.
- Finally, use a black sketch pen to add a broad smile line and some details like eyebrows to the tomato’s face.
- After this step, stick the half-folded res circle on the backside of the tomato on the lower end.
- This folded circle would give a rocking motion to the tomato.
- That’s it! Your simple yet funny and creative paper tomato toy is now ready!