HO HO HO! Here comes the Santa and there we go with our lovely gifts! Xmas season is here and all of us are busy in preparing for festivities for Christmas! Also, it’s the season of beautiful Christmas trees, ornaments and lots of goodies. So here we go to make a beautiful Christmas pop up card to express our warm festive greetings to our loved ones.
Follow the instructions to know how to make DIY Christmas pop up card.
Materials Required to make DIY Christmas Pop Up Card
- Green paper
- Yellow paper
- Blue paper
- Purple paper
- Brown paper
- Red paper
- Sketch pens
How to Make DIY Christmas Pop Up Card Step by Step
- We need an A4 sized brown paper which is our card base.
- Hold it horizontally and fold it into half.
- This is our greeting card base.
- Next, we need to take a green sheet of paper
- Hold it horizontally and fold it into accordion fashion
- Cut parts of this sheet which is folded into accordion fashion vertically.
- We need 6 to 7 parts starting with the biggest part at the base followed by smaller ones on the top. If you are unable to manage with one green sheet use one more and follow the same pattern till you get around 7 parts in ascending order from top to base.
- Start arranging the green cut parts starting with the biggest part from the base of the card till smallest part on the top. Stick one edge of these parts on one side of the card. Arrange these portions in descending order one above the other starting from the base.
- Apply glue to the other free end of the green cut portion on all parts.
- Now fold the card and open it.
- You will get a pop-up effect instantly as the free ends stick to the other half of the card.
- This is your beautiful Xmas tree.
- Next, use a black sheet of paper to make the bark and yellow sheet of paper to make the star. Draw and cut these elements and fold them into half
- Later stick the bark beneath the tree and star on top.
- Once you finish this step, draw and cut small squares of various sizes smaller than the Xmas tree and stick them randomly near the base of the Christmas tree on both sides.
- You can use blue or green or shades of these to draw and cut the squares.
- Next, add details to the squares using a black sketch pen to resemble Christmas gifts like ribbons etc.
- Next, you can write a beautiful handwritten message using sketch pens on top of the Christmas tree on the card.
- That’s it, kids! Your beautiful Christmas pop up card is ready!