Explore all you need to know about Pharmacy (Graduates and Post Graduate), from admission Criteria to Courses/Degrees available to Best colleges offering Pharmacy Programs. Continue to read about Pharmacy career options - eligibility, courses, colleges, salary and jobs or know about other career Options after 12th with detail on courses after 12th class and admission criteria and top colleges.
Here is the complete guide to a career in Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Introduction and scope
What is Pharmacy?
Pharmacy is the study of drugs which includes instructions on use, selection, composition, effects and side effects of drugs. It also includes development of new drugs, ascertaining of quality standards, dispensing of drugs and improvement of existing drugs.
Pharmacy Admission Process, Eligibility Requirements
What is the eligibility criteria for admission to Pharmacy courses in India? Know the eligibility criteria for Pharmacy courses in India
- 10+2 with science
Pharmacy Courses & Degrees
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Bachelor’s in Pharmacy
- Master’s in Pharmacy (Eligibility: B. Pharma)
- M. Tech (Pharm.)
- MBA (Pharm.)
- MS (Pharm.)
- Ph. D. in Pharmacy
Top Institutes offering Pharmacy course are:
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Annamalai University, Chennai
- Department of Pharmaceutics, IIT BHU, Varanasi
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam
- National institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
Pharmacy salary in India
Average Salary of an Pharmacy in India is between per annum