Explore all you need to know about Journalism (Graduates and Post Graduate), from admission Criteria to Courses/Degrees available to Best colleges offering Journalism Programs. Continue to read about Journalism career options - eligibility, courses, colleges, salary and jobs or know about other career Options after 12th with detail on courses after 12th class and admission criteria and top colleges.
Here is the complete guide to a career in Journalism.
Journalism Introduction and scope
What is Journalism?
Journalism includes preparation of written, visual, or audio material envisioned for dissemination through public media with reference to factual, ongoing events of public concern. It deals with broadcast world such as TV and Radio, Web journalism, Print Journalism etc. There are also courses in particular areas of journalism like sports, television, photo, press law etc.
Journalism Admission Process, Eligibility Requirements
What is the eligibility criteria for admission to Journalism courses in India? Know the eligibility criteria for Journalism courses in India
For Post graduate degree courses: BA in journalism. There is also PG diploma in journalism after graduation.
Journalism Courses & Degrees
- B.J (Bachelor of Journalism)
- B.J.M.C (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication)
- B.A – J.M.C (Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication)
- B.C.J (Bachelor of Communication and Journalism)
- B.M.M (Bachelor of Mass Media)
- B.J (Hons) (Bachelor of Journalism (Honours))
- B.A – Mass Communication (Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication)
Top Institutes offering Journalism course are:
- Kamala Nehru College for Women, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bengaluru
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- IIMC, New Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
Journalism salary in India
Average Salary of an Journalism in India is between per annum