Read for an easy and delicious recipe for healthy mini beetroot pancakes. Most children do not like the taste of vegetables such as beetroot, which contains several nutrients making it essential for kids. If your kid does not like to eat raw or cooked beetroot, then it can be served in a magical form of “Pancakes”. Kids love these kinds of foodstuff a lot, and its dark pinkish colour makes it more colourful, attractive and yummy.
Health Benefits of Beetroots
Beetroot is packed with essential nutrient and therefore is associated with numerous health benefits. Raw Beetroot (चुकंदर chukandar in hindi) is 80% water, 2% Protein, 10% carbohydrates and <1% fat. Beetroots contains fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C.
Healthy Mini Beetroot Pancake Recipe
Cooking time: 20minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Boiled and peeled and grated beetroot- 50 g
- Rice flour- 10 g
- Urad dal (split black lentil) flour-15g
- Soya flour -15g
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing and cooking 1 teaspoon
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well to get a batter of pouring consistency.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapam pan using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour two tablespoons of the batter in each uttapam mould.
- Cook all the pancakes until they turn golden brown from both the sides.
- Allow the pancake to get cool down completely
- Wrap in an aluminum foil, and pack in a tiffin box.