Are you looking for snacks which are tasty, healthy and low in calories. Here are some tasty and healthy low-calories snacks for adults and kids who are overweight or obese. Khakra Bhel is an excellent snack which is low-calorie and antioxidant-rich beneficial for everyone esp overweight children. This recipe is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, which is also low in glycemic index and won’t raise the blood sugar level faster. Thus preventing weight gain in your child. It is a tasty snack which is easy to prepare and also very nutritious. Do try this Khakra Bhel recipe or explore other low calorie snack ideas!
Khakra Bhel Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed whole wheat khakras
- 1/2 teaspoon oil 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
- 1/8 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/8 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 cup boiled green peas
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Khakra Bhel Recipe Time
- PREPARATION TIME: TEN MINUTES
- COOKING TIME: TEN MINUTES
Khakra Bhel Recipe Preparation Method
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies, onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, green peas, chilli powder and salt to mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Add coriander and lemon juice and mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, combine the coarsely crushed khakra and the prepared mixture and toss well. Serve immediately.