Multiseed Mukhwas is a Multi-Seed mouth freshener (Mukhwas) & Digestive Aid loaded with all the seeds that help in overcoming digestive problems. A lot of women face digestion related issues after pregnancy. Mukhwas can be a homemade natural way of reducing digestion issues post-pregnancy. Mukhwas is also good for lactating moms as it is helpful in the increase of milk flow for your baby.
It contains ingredients that are a rich source of dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Mukhwas (Multiseed Mouth Fresener) not only keeps the mouth refreshingly fresh but also aids in digestion and keeps indigestion at bay. If you are having digestion issues, you may have a spoonful Mukhwas after any meal.
How do you make homemade mouth freshener?
You can make Mukhwas using the below ingredients and method. Ingredients of Homemade Multiseed Mukhwas Recipe
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (Alsi)
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds (Til)
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds (Til)
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (kaddoo)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Method/Recipe for Mukhwas
- Combine all the above Seeds in a large bowl, add lemon juice, salt, and mix well. Cover and keep aside for an hour
- Once the seeds have absorbed all the lemon juice, Dry roast it on a broad non-stick pan for 2 to 3 minutes till it starts giving a nice aroma
- Cool slightly and mix well
- Cool the mixture completely and then store in an air-tight container.
We hope you will try this recipe at home. Do let us know your experience using the comments section.
Frequently asked Questions about Mukhwas
Is Mukhwas good for health?
Mukhwas helps with digestion; one spoon of Mukhwas can be consumed after every meal.
What is Mukhwas called in English?
Mukhwas means Mouth Freshener. It is a mixture of nutritious ingredients like Fennel seeds (saunf) (सौंफ), White sesame seeds (सफेद तिल).
What is Sessame Seeds?
Sesame seeds are tiny, oil-rich seeds that grow in pods on the Sesamum indicum plant. In Hindi, we call it तिल.