Pregnancy is a difficult period for women. There are lots of changes that the body goes through during the nine months of pregnancy. There may be some positive changes and some negative ones. However, you need to experience the same. Some changes crop up at the last moment, catching you unawares and surprising you. Today, we will take on a journey, where you will break pregnancy myths and learn new facts.
10 Pregnancy Myths You Should Know About
- Myth #1: If you are pregnant, people will come and give you lots of free advice. Some will tell you that eating peanuts and dairy products can make your baby develop an allergy. However, the fact is that you may avoid these food items if you are allergic to them. It will not react with your baby’s health.
- Myth #2: People who are very old or think of themselves as experts will come and tell you that they can predict whether you are going to give birth to a boy or girl. They will ask you to observe how your baby moves around in your stomach. The position of your baby can predict sex. However, it just not true. An Ultrasound scan can only predict the sex; however, most technicians are bound by laws not to reveal it to the parents.
- Myth #3: You may think that you need to eat for two while pregnant. This is one of the myths about pregnancy. Overeating can be bad for your health, and the baby’s as well. Eating a well-balanced diet is essential.
- Myth #4: Some myths say that you should not color your hair or take hot baths during pregnancy. This doesn’t seem right. It is perfectly safe to bath with warm water. You will hear about the latest delivery procedures combining births in hot water tubs. Do these babies die? No, they actually live on, to tell you the tale.
- Myth #5: Morning sickness occurs in the morning during pregnancy. It is a myth and not a fact. It can happen at any point of time. There is no fixed time. Some women tend to suffer from morning sickness in the morning, but the cycle tends to change with time.
- Myth #6: You cannot have pets like cats inside the house, during pregnancy. You should not clear the faeces, litter, and bathe your cat. These precautions will be enough to keep you and your baby safe.
- Myth #7: There are many myths about creams and oils that make the stretch marks disappear in a jiffy. No, it is completely wrong. No one can make your stretch marks disappear, except time. These pregnancy facts will surprise you.
- Myth #8: You have acidity, and you want to blame your baby for that. That is completely wrong.
- Myth #9: There are myths that say that you need to prepare your breasts for breastfeeding. There is no fact or scientific evidence to support this.
- Myth #10: You have to sit at home and eat during pregnancy. This is a myth. The more you remain active, the higher are the chances for recovery.
Pregnancy Facts That May Surprise You
- You must know that the most prolonged pregnancy which occurred on earth was of 375 days. This happened in Los Angeles.
- The shortest pregnancy that was recorded was all of 22 weeks.
- A woman of age 66 years gave birth to a healthy baby.
- The uterus has the power to expand many-fold. In the first trimester, it is of the size of an orange, but by the end of the third trimester, it is of the size of a watermelon.
- Would-be mothers start producing milk from 14 weeks onwards, after the start of pregnancy.
- Hormonal changes in your body can cause voice change during pregnancy.
Enjoy the best months of your motherhood journey!!