Read this article to know about Punjab State UG medical admission counselling 2019-20, timetable and schedule, Merit List, Rank, Online Registration and for Detailed information about private and government Medical and Dental Colleges in Punjab. Department of Medical Education& Research, Government of Punjab will be conducting Admission to UG Medical Professional courses and NEET UG Counselling for admission in Medical and Dental Courses (MBBS and BDS) in Punjab Medical and Dental College to the academic year 2019-2020 and will publish Merit List, Ranks and other UG Medical admission process. Online Counseling will be conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot (BFUHS).
Admission to UG (MBBS/BDS) Courses in Government/Government Aided/ Private Unaided/Minority Medical/Dental Institutes in the State of Punjab for the Academic Session 2019-20 will be on the basis of merit of NEET UG 2019.
The counseling for admission to MBBS and BDS courses will be on the basis of NEET UG Result 2019 declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA), New Delhi and other parameters /criteria mentioned by the Government for the Punjab State. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot will conduct Counseling for the Punjab state Quota Seats/Government Seats and Private Management Quota seats in Medical and Dental Colleges in Punjab for MBBS and BDS courses. Read this article to know everything.
National Testing Agency (NTA) will organise National Eligibility and Entrance Test Medical Entrance Exam Under Graduate (NEET-UG) this year for admission to any graduate medical course in government or private medical colleges. Admission UG courses MBBS and BDS to All India Medical and Dental Colleges approved and recognized by MCI and DCI is through NEET UG. For the admission in academic session 2019-20, the NAT will conduct the NEET (UG) 2019 entrance test on 5th May 2019. NEET UG 2019 result will be announced in June 2019. As part of the NEET UG result, NTA provides marks scored and All India Rank (Percentile secured) to the candidates.
UG Medical and Dental Seats in Punjab
Of the total MBBS and BDS courses seats available in Government/Government Aided colleges/Institutions for admission in 2019-20 in the approved MCI and DCI colleges, following is the distribution of seats
|All India Quota||15% of total Seats in the colleges||
Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
Online counselling would be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services for these seats. Information for online counselling would only be available on Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website (www.mcc.nic.in).
|State Quota||remaining 85% seats||The counselling of 85% seats state quota will be conducted by the state medical counselling authority in case of Punjab by BFUHS Faridkot.|
Admission under 85% State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory
For Private colleges
Following is the distribution of medical and dental UG seats in the MCI and DCI private colleges offering MBBS and BDS for admission in 2019-20.
|State Quota Seats||50%||These seats are divided based on the state reservation policy|
|Management Category Seats||35%||These seats are further divided in NRI category and General Category|
|NRI||15%||Non Resident Indian (NRI Category)|
Please note admission to all type of Seats is based on NEET exam and state merit list only.
Punjab Reservation Policy for State Quota Seats in Government. Government Aided and Private Institutions
Seats meant for residents for Punjab which are State Quota Seats in various Government, Government Aided Colleges and Private Institutes located in Punjab state of India will take admission as per below reservation policy
|Backward Area/Border Area (1% Each)||2%|
Physically Handicapped Locomotor disability (PHL)
Children/Grandchildrens of terrorist affected persons
Children/Grandchildren of Sikh riot affected persons
Wards of Defence Personal
Wards of Punjab Police Personnel, Punjab Armed Police, Punjab Home guards and Para Military Forces
Children/Grandchildren of Freedom Fighter of Punjab
Eligibility Criteria for admission to Punjab Medical and Dental Colleges – UG Courses MBBS & BDS
A candidate should match following conditions in order to be eligible to get admission to MBBS and BDS courses in Govt. and Government Aided seats in both Government and Private medical colleges in Punjab
- Candidate should be an Indian Citizen
- Should be bonafide residents of Punjab or
- The children/wards/dependents of the employees or Ex-employees (who have retired after 1st April of the preceding year of admission) of Indian Defense Services/Para-Military Forces belonging to Punjab State at the time of entry into service as per their service record.
- The children/wards/dependents of Ex-employees of Indian Defence Services/Para-Military Forces belonging to Punjab State at the time of entry into service as per their service record provided the candidate has studied 10+2 as a regular candidate in a recognized institution in Punjab.
Please note These eligibility conditions are not applicable for admission against Management Quota Seats in Punjab Medical and Dental Colleges.
Minimum Conditions to apply for MBBS and BDS courses
following conditions are valid for MBBS and BDS courses in any state in India.
- He/She should attain the age of 17 years or more on 31st December of the year of admission. Age will be calculated based on the 10th class examination certificate
- The candidate must fulfill following minimum marks conditions
- Must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English
- Must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology in the qualifying examination.
- for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or other Backward Classes candidates the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% instead of 50%.
- For candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50%.
- No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks shall be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Punjab NEET Counselling & Result
Punjab NEET Counselling previous years Cutoff
Know about the cut off marks of NEET in various colleges against various category(s) for session previous years
- Click here to view cutoff MBBS 2017
- Click here to view cutoff BDS 2017
- Click here to view MBBS cutoff 2018 (Updated)
Counselling Schedule - Admission Schedule 2019-20
Refer to the table below for admission and counseling schedule for State Quota and Management Seats.
|1||Availability of Prospectus||18.06.2019|
|2||Last date for applying online Admission Application Form through University Website i.e. www.bfuhs.ac.in||25.06.2019|
|3||Last date for depositing fee of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 2500/- for SC candidates) in University Account in any Branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce through challan form which will be generated on the successful filling of the online admission application form at university website. Bank Account Number mentioned on Challan Form.||26.06.2019|
|4||Document Verification of various categories as per page no 4.||26.06.2019 to 28.06.2019|
|5||Display of Provisional Merit List of candidates||01 .07.2019|
|For NRI candidates||Last date for submitting admission application form for NRI quota (Application form for getting Eligibility certificate and admission application form for NRI candidates is separately available on University website.)||10.07.2019|
|7||Online filling/submission of counselling form and preferences of colleges and course by the eligible candidates for 1st round of counselling.||2.07.2019 to 05.07.2019|
|8||Display of result of 1st round of online counselling||08.07.2019|
|9||Date of joining the allotted college/course and deposition of fee in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce through bank challan form – 1st round counselling.||upto 12.07.2019|
2nd and subsequent round of Counselling Schedule The Schedule for 2nd & subsequent Round of Counseling shall be displayed on the University website
Punjab NEET Counselling Process
- Registration for admission to MBBS/BDS courses is to be undertaken online at the University website www.bfuhs.ac.in. Steps to apply Online Admission Application Form for admission to NEET UG2019
- Application form for admission to MBBS/BDS courses can't be submitted offline/printed copy by post.
- Admission Application Fee of Rs. 5000 (Rs.2500 for SC candidates) will only be deposited in any Oriental Bank of Commerce Branch through Bank Challan generated after successful filling of online admission application form on the university website.
- The University shall display the State Merit on the University website.
- After displaying the state merit list amongst registered candidates the University shall open the online portal for the candidates to fill their institutional preferences for getting their seats in the 1st round of counselling.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidate as per merit list and institutional preferences filled by him/her in the online application form. The candidate has to report to his/her respective college for checking of eligibility, document verification and medical checkup.
Punjab MBBS & BDS Counseling Merit List and Result
Provisional allotment List of MBBS/BDS candidates during 1st round of online counselling.
- Merit List of Sports Category ( Under NEET-2019)
- List of Eligible candidates in Sikh Minority category as provided by SGRD Medical/Dental Amritsar after Document Verification by Concerned competent Authority
- List of Not Eligible candidates in Sikh Minority category as provided by SGRD Medical/Dental Amritsar after Document Verification by Concerned competent Authority
- List of Eligible/Not Eligible candidates in Christian Minority category as provided by CMC/CDC Ludhiana after Document Verification by Concerned competent Authority
- Provisional Merit list of General Candidates
- Provisional Merit list of SC Candidates
- Provisional Merit list of BC Candidates
List of Candidates invited for Document Verification
Punjab Counseling Result - MBBS & BDS Courses
Provisional Allotment list of MBBS/BDS Candidates during 1st round of online counsellng-2019
List of Punjab MBBS and BDS Colleges - List, Seats and Detailed Information
Refer to the below table for the list of MBBS and BDS Colleges in Punjab taking admission through NEET 2019. Click on the College to know more about the college, Ranking, Rating & Reviews, Contact details, the course offered