Read about NEET MDS, Entrance exam for admission to Postgraduate Dental courses in India. NEET MDS is for admission to PG Dental MDS Courses in all DCI approved Dental Colleges, Institutions and universities in India. Read this article to know about NEET MDS 2018 examination, NEET MDS 2018 Syllabus and Exam Pattern, NEET MDS 2018 Important Dates and Fees, NEET MBDS 2018 Result and list of universities and Colleges offering PG MDS courses in India.
About NEET MDS 2018- Postgraduate Dental Courses Entrance Examination
NEET MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination, a single entrance examination to various Post Graduate MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948.
Please note NEET MDS is a single window entrance examination for Dental PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS Courses as per the Dentists Act, 1948 w.e.f. 2018 admission session.
Scope of NEET MDS
National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test MDS (NEET MDS) exam is a single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses. NEET MDS is for admission to Post graduate course and will include the following
- All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses in all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana.
- State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MDS courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
*PG seats of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are likely to be included in 50%
All India Quota Seats 2018 subject to confirmation by the respective State
Governments to MoHFW, Govt. of India.
Institutions not filled through NEET MDS
The following Medical institutions in India are not covered by centralized admissions for MDS seats through NEET MDS 2018
- AIIMS, New Delhi
No state government /private medical college/universities including the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh shall be conducting any separate entrance exam for admission to their MDS Courses for the academic session 2018-2019.
Overview of NEET MDS Exam
|1||Purpose of Examination||NEET MDS is a Qualifying cum Ranking Examination for admission to MDS courses|
|3||Pattern of examination||MCQ based with single correct response|
|4||No. of items (questions)||240|
|5||Time Allotted||3 Hrs.|
|6||Negative marking||1 mark shall be deducted|
|7||Syllabus||As per Dental Council of India Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007|
|8||Mode of conduct||Computer based|
|9||Criteria for passing the examination||
|10||Seat Allotment||Merit Based Counseling conducted as per PG Medical Education Regulations|
|11||Reservation of seats||As per applicable guidelines /Regulation / Govt. Policy|
|12||Last date of Online Application||31 October 2017– 27 November 2017 till 11:59 PM|
|13||Test Dates||7 January 2018|
|14||Declaration of Results||By 31 January 2018|
NEET MDS Entrance Exam Fees
Refer to below table for examination fees for NEET MDS. The below fee is inclusive of examination fees and information bulletin. Students can pay the fees through Credit Card, Debit Card or through Internet Banking.
|NEET MDS Exam Fee - SC/ST/PWD (PH) Candidates||Rs. 2,750|
|NEET MDS Exam Fee - General/OBC candidates||Rs. 3,750|
Eligibility Criteria for NEET MBS 2018
The eligibility criteria for Admission to MDS courses as per MDS Course Regulations 2017 notified by Dental Council of India with prior approval of MoHFW is as follows :
- A candidate for admission to the Master in Dental Surgery course, must possess a recognised degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery awarded by a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/recognised dental college.
- A candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship/ practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31st March 2018 can take up this examination, but he/she shall not be eligible for admission unless he/she has completed the compulsory rotatory internship and obtained provisional or permanent registration on or before 31st March 2018 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he/she will be completing internship by 31st March 2018.
- As per MDS course Regulations 2017: It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with DCI at the time of writing NEET-MDS. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-MDS without DCI registration.
NEET MDS 2018 Result Qualifying Percentile and Cutoff
The result of NEET MDS 2018 was declared on 25th January 2018.
|Category||Qualifying Percentile As Per Information Bulletin||Cut off Score (out of 960)||Revised Minimum Qualifying Criteria (as directed by MoHFW)||Revised Cut off Score|
|Persons with Disability (UR-PH)||45||219||15.265th Percentile||133|
The minimum qualifying percentiles were lowered in NEET MBDS 2017 in accordance with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India Notification No V.12025/181/2016- DE dated 11th May 2017.
|Category||Qualifying Percentile As Per Information Bulletin||Cut-Off Score As Per Qualifying Criteria In Information Bulletin||Revised Qualifying Percentile||Revised Cutoff Score|
|Persons with Disability||45||507.4365||37.50||483.7317|
Qualified candidates have been assigned a unique All India NEET-MDS Rank in descending order of their scores.
- Important Public Notice regarding declaration of Revised NEET-MDS 2018 result (for all India 50% quota seats)
- Important Public Notice Regarding Revised Result of NEET MDS- 2018 (Updated)
- Important Public Notice Regarding Revised Result of NEET MDS -2018
- Important Public Notice Regarding Result Cum Score Card of NEET-MDS 2018 – All India 50% Quota Seats
NEET MDS 2018 Result Qualifying Percentile and Cutoff - All India Quota Seats
Refer to the table below for category wise cut off scores in order to participate in the online counseling for All India 50% Quota Seats - Post Graduate MDS Courses. 1200 students qualified to participate in the online counseling for All India 50% Quota Seats for admission to 2017 academic session.
|S.NO. CATEGORY||CUT OFF SCORE 2017|
TYPES OF MERIT LIST
- NEET-MDS 2018 rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate
amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET MDS 2018
- All India 50% quota rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate
amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET MDS 2018 and
are eligible for All India 50% quota counseling and is valid only for All India
50% quota MDS Courses (2018 admission session).
- All India 50% quota Category Rank: This is the overall merit position of
the candidate in the category (OBC/SC/ST) as opted by the candidate in the
NEET – MDS 2018 amongst the candidates of the same category who are
eligible for All India 50% quota counseling and is valid only for All India 50% quota MDS Courses. ( 2018 admission session)
NEET MDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Pattern and Duration
- NEET MDS examination will be a multiple choice questions
- Exam test will be delivered using computers network (CBT) as per scheme prescribed.
- The exam comprises of 240 Multiple Choices with a single correct response questions
- The Questions will be in English language only.
- Total time allotted is 3hours.
- 4 Marks for each correct response
- Negative Marking: There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions. In NEET MDS 2017, There was no negative marking.
Subject-Wise Distribution Of Questions For NEET- MDS 2018
refer to the table below for subject wise distribution of NEET MBDS 2018 questions, the distribution is same as NEET MDS 2017
|S.NO||SUBJECT||Subject Wise Weightage In
NEET- MDS 2018
|1||General Anatomy including embryology and histology||14|
|2||General human physiology and Biochemistry||14|
|3||Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14|
|4||General Pathology and Microbiology||14|
|5||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||14|
|9||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||15|
|10||Oral Medicine and Radiology||15|
|11||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||14|
|12||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||14|
|14||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14|
|15||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14|
|16||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14|
|17||Public Health Dentistry||14|
NEET MDS Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time
NEET MDS Important Dates
Refer to the the table below for important dates for admission and counseling for admission to MDS course in various colleges and institutions in India
|Availability of Information Bulletin||30 October 2017|
|Exam dates||7th January 2018|
|Declaration of result||25th January 2018|
|Online registration cum scheduling||31st October 2017 from 03:00 PM onwards till 11:59 PM on 27th November 2017|
NEET MDS Allocation of time
Refer to table below for the NEET- MDS allocation of time
|Afternoon Session (1:00 PM – 6:00 PM)|
|Candidate Entry Time - Allow Candidates to enter the examination centre and commence Biometric Registration||1:00 PM|
|Venue Entry Closes||2:30 PM|
|Grant access for Candidate Login||2:45 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||2:50 PM|
|Test Start Time*||3:00 PM|
|Test End Time||6:00 PM|
NEET MDS Examination Centers
The list of various cities where NEET MDS Examination centres are located
- New Delhi
- Trivandrum / Thiruvananthapuram
The candidate have to appear at the centre as shown on his/her Admit Card at his/her own cost. Exact address and location of the test centres is available on NEET-MDS website www.nbe.edu.in.