Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is an Institution of National Importance Under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. JIPMER Puducherry has released the notification for admission to JIPMER MBBS 2020. The online application and prospectus for JIPMER MBBS 2020 is now available on the official website. The applications will close on April 12, 2019. JIPMER MBBS examination would be conducted on Sunday, June 2, 2019.
JIPMER is one of the top best 5 medical institutes in India. Admission to JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal would be done on the basis of JIPMER MBBS exam. Admission to AFMC would be done through NEET Exam 2019 and AIIMS will be done through AIIMS UG exam.
JIPMER MBBS Exam 2019
JIPMER MBBS exam is Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats (150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal).
JIPMER 2019 Entrance Exam – Pattern
- Mode of Examination: Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only
- Duration of the examination: 2 1⁄2 hours (Two hours and Thirty minutes)
- The language of Paper: examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects.
The distribution of the number of question is as detailed below
|Subject||# of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER MBBS 2019: Distribution of Seats
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Admission and Counselling Schedule
On-line Registration from
06.03.2019 (Wednesday) 11.00 AM
Online Registration closes on
|12.04.2019 (Friday) 5.00 PM|
Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER
|20.05.2019 (Monday) 10.00 AM
02.06.2019 (Sunday) 8.00 AM
Date of Entrance Examination
|02.06.2019 (Sunday) Morning Shift :- 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM
Afternoon Shift :- 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM
Expected date of publication of Merit List
|On or Before 21st June 2019|
Counseling of Choosing for JIPMER Puducherry (OR) JIPMER Karaikal
First Counseling (Tentative) 26th to 28th JUNE 2019
Second Counseling (Tentative) 24th JULY 2019
Third Counseling (Tentative) 21st AUGUST 2019
Final Counseling (Tentative) 26th SEPTEMBER 2019
|01.07.2019 (Monday) 8.00 AM.
For the Students who have opted to Join
in JIPMER, Karaikal. After Medical
Board, the selected students should
report on 03.07.2019 at JIPMER
02.07.2019 (Tuesday) 8.00 AM
For the Students who have opted to join
in JIPMER, Puducherry
Issue of Admission Letter &
|01.07.2019 (Monday) – For Karaikal Students
02.07.2019 (Tuesday) – For Puducherry
Commencement of Course
|03.07.2019 (Wednesday) 09.00 AM|
Close of Admissions- MBBS 2019 Session
- UR & P-UR: Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OBC & P-OBC: Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- EWSs & P-EWSs: Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST & P-SC/ST: Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- NRI/OCI: Rs.3,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- PwD& P-PwD: Exempted From Application Fees
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to MBBS at JIPMER
- The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2019, the year of his/her admission to the first year M.B.B.S i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2003. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any c ategory of applicants). No upper age limit.
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner as mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (Annexure – I list the examinations recognized by JIPMER)
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination for general (UR) / EWSs category.
- For PwD candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / PwD, the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
About JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal
About JIPMER Puducherry
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry). JIPMER has been declared as an “Institute of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament, JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008.
JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of Sanctioned 2134 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses are offered in 43 disciplines.
About JIPMER Karaikal
JIPMER has started its JIPMER Karaikal, from the academic session 2016-17 with yearly intake of 50 students. Karaikal is located about 150 km south of Puducherry city.