Crabs love to roam around on the seashore. They get washed often at the shore with the lashing sea waves. Many times we see a bunch of small red crabs peeping through tiny burrows in the wet sand. Be careful of it! Many times it might grab you! Don’t worry kids! Today we are making a crab puppet using a paper. Yes, just a paper and few art and craft supplies at home.
Let’s make it!
Follow the instructions to know how to make a crab puppet craft very easily and see how easy it is to make this fun ocean craft!!
Materials Required to Make a Crab Puppet
- Red or orange paper
- White paper
- Sketch pens
- Ice cream stick
How to Make a Crab Puppet Step by Step
- Take an orange or a red sheet of paper.
- Now, cut an oval shape from this roughly around 20cms in size.
- Next cut a small oval of around 8cms and keep aside.
- Next, cut two small circles of around 6cm diameter using the same red or orange sheet and cut the circles into two and keep aside.
- Further, cut 4 small strips of paper around 1cm by 6cm and keep aside.
- Next cut 6 strips of 1cm by 8cm and keep aside.
- Fold these strips into an accordion fashion.
- Now cut two small circles using a white sheet of 2cm in diameter each
- These are the eyes, add details using a black sketch pen. Keep them aside.
- Next, stick the small oval beneath the large oval cutout in the bottom.
- Fold the bigger oval in a way that the smaller sized oval flap is lifted.
- Next, stick two small strips of 6cm on the top portion of the smaller oval on both sides. After this stick the eyeballs over these two strips on both sides.
- Next, stick two cut half circles on either side of the crab’s body with a small strip each; stick the strips followed by the two small cut circles next to each other. These are the two sharp claws of the crab on either side.
- After this stick, the three pair of accordion-folded strips on either side behind the claws as legs of the crab.
- Now take an ice cream stick and attach it at the back of the crab’s body on the end.
- That’s it! Your crab puppet is now ready!
- Enjoy and try for yourself.